Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had leather installed in my car today. 3 guys, took an hour and a half start to finish!! Highly impressed with speed and quality of work.

Anyhoo the pics.....:rocker:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Fantastic price. Usually good aftermarket leather is better then stock. Nice

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
916 Posts
Time for some farts!!
Thats funny right therrrr...

And I am shocked how good this looks. It looks like the Jeep ads for the Napa leather in the new Cherokee. And for a grand? Nice investment and great work done here. Doing this as a mod also gives the chance to get some custom embroidery on the seats too....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
It looks very nice, but your shop should have steamed the leather during the install. I used to own a custom auto upholstery shop back in the mid 80s and we always steamed seat covers during install to make them fit tight like factory.

Here's what the difference is...

Unsteamed...

Steamed...

Hopefully after a few good hot days and cool nights, it will re-level itself and reduce some of the wrinkles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I use to steam the leather in my G8 when the seat cushion wrinkled. Used a steam iron and a wet towel. Looked great after it dried. Then condtioned the leather.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
looks good and great price! I think when i called a shop to do it before i had a charger with leather they quoted me at around 1500

1 - 11 of 11 Posts