Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently i was driving my car and noticed that amist my journey my passanger airbag light would come on randomly....it kept doing this for a few days and i couldnt figure out why....so i looked it up on here and some people had some good ideas but none applied to my situation....then i realized that my passanger seat was up kinda far, so i moved it back all the way and jsut like that no more light....and it hasnt come on again since i moved the seat back.....neeto, it makes sense to me. just though i would share...

Matt :alfdance:

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
hmm are you saying the seat is too far for the passenger to land on the air bag?

I dunno my passenger seat is pushed back all the way most of the time cause my one friend is "kind of big"...never had my airbag lights come on. Do you have side airbags?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm are you saying the seat is too far for the passenger to land on the air bag?

I dunno my passenger seat is pushed back all the way most of the time cause my one friend is "kind of big"...never had my airbag lights come on. Do you have side airbags?
no, just the opposite. The seat was too far forward so the car turned the airbad off....but what is weird is the reason the seat was so far forward was because my friend was sitting in it and there was someone behind him.....and when he was sitting in it the light didnt come on. The light only came on when no one was sitting in it and the seat was still pretty far forward....weird.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
no, just the opposite. The seat was too far forward so the car turned the airbad off....but what is weird is the reason the seat was so far forward was because my friend was sitting in it and there was someone behind him.....and when he was sitting in it the light didnt come on. The light only came on when no one was sitting in it and the seat was still pretty far forward....weird.
that is weird but also cool if it senses that

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is weird but also cool if it senses that
I think the car senses how much weight is in the seat and how far forward it is. because when my buddy was sitting in it the light didnt come on, but i could see how it would turn the airbag off if it thinks there is a baby set in it and it is pretty far forward. Great safty feature.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I think the car senses how much weight is in the seat and how far forward it is. because when my buddy was sitting in it the light didnt come on, but i could see how it would turn the airbag off if it thinks there is a baby set in it and it is pretty far forward. Great safty feature.

It does have a weight sensor in it. If you set a briefcase down on it that weighs about about 15~20lbs, the light will come on, thinking there is a child in the seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts