Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While attempting to change the oil on my 2018 SXT, I noticed this. This is at the very front of the car, closer to the passenger side. I’m not all that great with cars and google has told me 3 separate things it could be: transmission fluid, steering pump fluid, or windshield wiper fluid. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Coolant

Reactions: BenRedder

·
Registered
5 Posts
100% coolant. These plastic radiators break at the inlet and outlet necks. Mine has gone out twice and then i realized that the DEALER didn't properly secure the radiator with the lower supports so it was hanging on with the hoses.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
I also see the lower passenger side corner of the AC Condenser has damage and the plastic guide pin of the side air seal is pushed out of the hole.

The photo does not show the full length of the radiator support. Question is: Is there any damage on the lower radiator support where it might have pushed up into the bottom of the AC condenser and radiator. The lower radiator support will take a hit before the cradle ever makes contact.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I also see the lower passenger side corner of the AC Condenser has damage and the plastic guide pin of the side air seal is pushed out of the hole.

The photo does not show the full length of the radiator support. Question is: Is there any damage on the lower radiator support where it might have pushed up into the bottom of the AC condenser and radiator. The lower radiator support will take a hit before the cradle ever makes contact.
Is this something I can fix myself? Or should I take it to a shop?

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
I think it needs closer inspection by a shop will determine if there is damage to the radiator behind the condenser. The least they need to do is diagnose where the leak is originating.

The damage I see is the AC condenser and it does not look horrible. I presume your AC is working fine.. And just for information, the top part of the AC condenser houses an integral transmission cooler. It is part of the condenser assembly but is a separate system. If that part of the condenser assembly gets damaged you could leak transmission fluid. But the damage in the photo is at the bottom and not where the trans cooler cores are located. And the transmission fluid used in the 8 speed is a elixir from ZF (Germany) and has a greenish tint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts