Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!!!

I have a problem, a water leak :(

in the driver side, I saw a drop in the dashboard, the next day (yesterday) I checked the windshield and sunroof with a lot of water and nothing...

so, today, I saw a little drop (was a rainy day) inside the window!!!! is leaking again!!

I don´t know what is the problem, my windshield or sunroof :(

so sad.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump!

mmm why I asked something, very few times I got an answer?? sniff :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem. A little (few drops) coming from my overhead console area after a rainy day. I'm taking it in for a look-see by the dealer under warranty, but I would also appreciate the opinions from other owners.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
I have the same problem. A little (few drops) coming from my overhead console area after a rainy day. I'm taking it in for a look-see by the dealer under warranty, but I would also appreciate the opinions from other owners.
Get a water hose with a 6" stream length and have someone sit in your car with the windows and sunroof closed and run the water past the sunroof from edge to edge and side to side and have them watch while you do that and mark the place the water comes in. Also try the windshield....up the pillar and down the pillar. If nothing, then run past half the windshield top and back. Have the person watch inside and mark where it came in.

Remember that water will travel to the path of least resistance. once you know where it is coming in, you can inspect the area and see how it is getting in. I had a Chrysler Imperial that got the drivers side full of water and found that it was coming down the back door and hitting the weather seal stopping at one point where it was blocked and flipping over into the car. Had to pull the entire interior and let the car and interior sit in the sun for 3 days until it completely dried out. Had to replace the insulation padding because it had molded and mildewed. Really smelled bad. I fixed the problem, replaced the padding, and the car was great after that until I got rid of it for my 300M in 2004.

Good luck!:beerchug:

Brian
440-821-9040

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The sunroof has a water drain system. There are two hoses that run down the inside A pillars. I would check the hoses. Maybe they came loose.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
The sunroof has a water drain system. There are two hoses that run down the inside A pillars. I would check the hoses. Maybe they came loose.
Also possible that one of them is plugged with residue or dirt and backing up as well.

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts