Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the U S will pass the law requiring all new cars and trucks to have daytime running lights
Canada has had that law for 17 years as well as many other countries
When is U S going to smarten up and join the rest of the world
Almost got rid of my Charger until I figured out how to activate the daytime running lights
Ive had too many close calls because people wont put there lights on or simply forget to put them on
The car looks better and people get out of the way quicker

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Drk are the hi beams but are only working at 70% so they are not too bright that will blind oncomming traffic
They are on so you can spot the vehicle at a safe distance but wont bkind
you
ahh ok...well how did you add drl's to ur charger

·
Registered
85 Posts
you almost got rid of your charger because you thought it didnt have DRLs?

LOL

did anyone besides me go "BS!" when they read that??

and all you have to do, is stop by any dealer, and they can turn them on for you.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Umm is it true that the DRL are basically your hi beams?
The DRL's need to be activated with a Starscan tool at the dealer. Usually, there is no charge to have this done. Just tell them it's a safety feature you want enabled. Takes about 2 minutes to do it.

The DRL's are in fact your hi-beams, running at 50% modulated voltage. When you turn on your turn signal, the DRL will turn off on the signaled side.

Don't go WTF when this happens. It's another saftey feature in which the turn signal gets all the attention. Some people around here call it the Charger "wink".

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
A total useless feature........waste of energy.

When they first came out by GM in mass production, people noticed them, as it was a new thing...

Today, you don't even notice the DRL's......at least I don't.

- Mark

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Uhhm if you need other cars to have their lights on during the day to see them then I think there is a bigger issue :)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
A total useless feature........waste of energy.

When they first came out by GM in mass production, people noticed them, as it was a new thing...

Today, you don't even notice the DRL's......at least I don't.

- Mark
X2. On my Taurus I actually removed them. Just turn the lights on at about 6. If you notice while you can't see while you are driving, it only takes moving your hand a a few inches to turn the dial.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
If you're driving & can't see other cars that don't have daytime running lights......it's time to tear up your license.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Uhhm if you need other cars to have their lights on during the day to see them then I think there is a bigger issue :)
I have driven on a lot of roads in Delaware, Maryland and Virginia where daytime headlight use is required. Motorcycles have the headlight on with the key on. I agree that DLR should be standard on all cars

I think DRL are a good thing.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
I have driven on a lot of roads in Delaware, Maryland and Virginia where daytime headlight use is required. Motorcycles have the headlight on with the key on. I agree that DLR should be standard on all cars

I think DRL are a good thing.
Any improvements in safety on the road could be considered good. It's just unfortunate that they are needed..... :nervous s

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I think we have other things to fix vs. people who need lights on during the day to see the other cars!! One being requiring seat belts on School busses, all states have seat belt Laws yet our Scholl busses don’t have any.........

·
Registered
554 Posts
I drive with full headlights and fog lights at all times...never hurts to be seen especially driving a black car. Way too many people drive at dusk with no lights on, so DRL helps people be seen that are too dumb to realize they should have their headlights on to be seen.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think DRL are great. I'd also add that with GMs DRLs and Auto light feature I haven't touch a head light switch since 2001.

I honestly can't understand people that hate them and get them diconnected. Why? There is absolutely no negative to the feature at all.

·
Registered
554 Posts
X2. On my Taurus I actually removed them. Just turn the lights on at about 6. If you notice while you can't see while you are driving, it only takes moving your hand a a few inches to turn the dial.
Would be great if people would do that, but most don't.

It's not about seeing it's about being seen. There are alot of people on the road that shouldn't have licences because they are 1/2 blind, but that's another issue. That's what i'm afraid of, and why my lights are always on.

Doesn't waste energy as you car produces it's own....it's called an alternator.:smoke:

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Would be great if people would do that, but most don't.

It's not about seeing it's about being seen. There are alot of people on the road that shouldn't have licences because they are 1/2 blind, but that's another issue. That's what i'm afraid of, and why my lights are always on.

Doesn't waste energy as you car produces it's own....it's called an alternator.:smoke:
Errrrrr - the alternator needs energy to rotate under load (create electricity) - therefore, with a loaded alternator you use more fuel. So technically, it does waste energy. :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.