Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to share with ya a few pics from today :)..

work wasnt going too great today so decided to take leave and relax a bit... reached home and thought what better way to spend the evening than to install my newest mods :D...
well after 2 hours of work... i was finally done with installing my Afe stage 2CAi, purchased from www.promotiontuning.com and my reflective stickers from www.reflectiveconcepts.com

i love how the engine bay has turned out.. although i think their is something wrong with my intakes heat sheild as the hole for the screw that bolts to the cars frame didnt line up and i ended up dropping the screw and i couldnt get it out, so now at wot the sheild vibrates a bit and makes a noise, will be fixing that tomorrow.

anyways some pics for you guys :)...

oh also want to thank all you guys for your threads on the intakes.. it really made the install much more easier :).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Looks good!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looks nice! Congrats on picking up the decals b4 this mess with DCX

·
Registered
480 Posts
Looks good! I wonder if I can still orders those if I tell them I want it to spell MEIH instead of HEMI. :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nice work... The CAI brings the engine bay to life... Im sure ur LMs sound more aggresive now... Congrats bro...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, it was my first time installing something by my self on the car so this morning my hands are extremley sore thanks to that damn temp sensor :mad: lol.

Fahad, yes it definatley does before you only hear a rumble from the rear due to the exhaust but now the rumble is also present in the front :D. the SLP's also changed in tone, as you said much more agressive..

also a strange side effect the drone at 2000-3000RPM has reduced a little bit.. the bass sound just turned into a much more bearable rumble... well its either that or i just got used to the drone lol :).

one last thing i forgot to mention... when i took the car out for a first drive after the install a weird thing happened at 20mph the BAS esp lights came on, and the car acted strange really strange and i mean in a good way..
1. ESP was off completeley like what happens when you do the key method... (lol tested it out)
2. the car revved much faster and accelerated really hard, also it only shifted at redline.. as if i was in autostick except i wasnt and the revs were just insane.

any idea about what happened there? no CEL or codes stored which was weird :S... once i restarted the car it was back to normal.. now i miss the insane revving :(... hehehehehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts