Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
DutchMaster said:
Whats the best route to take if one wanted to install Lambo (Verticle / Scissor) Doors on the R/T?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2061568/2

I love the look, and am VERY interested to see my options.. I know there are several Car-Specific kits, but I may just want to get this done professionally. Any Ideas?

:rockon:

Find a very reputable body shop and pay them to do it so they work right. But I have gotten in/out of several cars w/ lambo doors on them, they look cool (on certain cars) but they are not a practicle idea for a daily driver.

Suicide doors on the other hand should not be too dificult to do (just the rear doors), in fact I'm toying w/ the idea to do it to my Daytona sometime down the road.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
DutchMaster said:
Whats the best route to take if one wanted to install Lambo (Verticle / Scissor) Doors on the R/T?

I love the look, and am VERY interested to see my options.. I know there are several Car-Specific kits, but I may just want to get this done professionally. Any Ideas?

Dutchmaster...you are there in Long Island go to Uniqe they have done this mod to a lot of cars. I know for sure they have done a Magnum and a 300.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I like it, But I would like it better if it were a coupe.

Believe me, I'm not a "2 doors only" troll. I own the car, I LOVE the car.

Just seems IMHO, to be more of a coupe accessory. But hey, it's your ride, be HAPPY:wink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
But I have gotten in/out of several cars w/ lambo doors on them, they look cool (on certain cars) but they are not a practicle idea for a daily driver.
I was looking at the pictures thinking just that... How in the heck would I be able to squeeze into the car with the door like that? It would seem to me that it would need to come out to the side a bit more to be practical. I like the way they look, and coupled with a suicide door it would be really cool, just can't envision not cracking my head open every morning with the door like that. It doesn't look like there is much room to me. Could be wrong though, those pics weren't all that great. If anyone does this to their car I'd love to see some larger pictures showcasing how much clearence this mod leaves you with.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Here is one of the cars with lambo doors I've gotten in and out of several times. He was up in my area for a prowler gathering last month. He trailered it up here because he didn't want to get in and out of the car every 2 hours to fill it up (small gas tanks suck :whistle: ). I'm 5'10" and about 230lbs and it was not easy to get out of the car, I kept hitting my head....

·
Registered
322 Posts
DutchMaster said:

- I know that you were seriously looking for info on the doors, for which I have no info. I do like the look of the Charger with the "Lambo" doors.
But, If you get your doors done like that, make sure the price includes a (Female) hood ornament like the one I saw in the pictures. :)
(I hope that I don't get in trouble for that statement)

·
Registered
396 Posts
don't screw your car up bro. They look cool sittin in a show but only on a two door
car, sports car like a Lamborghini for instance.
Unless you weigh around 60 pounds your not gettin in out of that thing.

good luck.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Eh. Just get them done up like the Dihedral Synchro Helix Actuation Doors from the Koenigsegg

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
DutchMaster said:
Thanks BRO - I actually decided I am going to suicde the rear doors.. generally an easier mod with less long term woes.
Is there a kit out there to do this already? Can you give me some info on it. Once you get it done, can you post a lot of pictures?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts