Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you that have the Lambo door kit, what company did you go through? more specific what brand do you have? I love the look of it, just asking and what did it cost and how hard is it to install?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
if you are on LXforums, pm TaylorMotorSports the guy's name is eddie and he has one of the cleanest looking 300's I've ever seen. He has lambo doors on the fronts and I am sure he could/would answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I too would love to do a lambo door kit, but I cant justify spending 1,850 on a pair of hings and some shocks! And that does not even include install which Im sure will be a bundle because usually the insides of your fenders have to be rolled for clearance, and making sure the doors align properly is tough too. If anyone knows of anywhere to get the kits cheaper and verifies that they work well, then I would consider looking into it. How much are people paying to get them installed??

-Pat

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I was quoted $3300.. I am having the hinges powder coated to match the car. I am also having them paint inside the fenders when they take them off to install the kit. They are also going to paint the jams where the hinges were stock again to make it all look great and match. They are not cleared in there from the factory. I have seen to many cars that have not taken the time to clean up the whole area.....

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
So you are paying the 1,850 or whatever it is for the kit, PLUS $3,300 for install? Wow, thats alot of dough! Any idea what install would be without all the paint and stuff, just to get them on and working?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Gotcha, that's still quite a bit. I jsut dont understand why these kits are sooo much money to begin with. Whats so special about some hinges and shocks? I know the engineering behind them is vehicle-specific so it takes time to develop each one, but that shouldnt drive the price up this high..... Anyways, show some pics when its all done, Id love to see it!

-Pat

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Gotcha, that's still quite a bit. I jsut dont understand why these kits are sooo much money to begin with. Whats so special about some hinges and shocks? I know the engineering behind them is vehicle-specific so it takes time to develop each one, but that shouldnt drive the price up this high..... Anyways, show some pics when its all done, Id love to see it!

-Pat
the reason the quality kits cost so much is because the install is VERY meticulous. It does not take much to compromise the integrity of a vehicle and the high quality kit installed by someone that knows what they are doing is going to take time as well as much skill.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Also remember he is having some stuff painted and custom done... $3300 is a decent price....

We charge $850 for installation of LSD doors onto a LX Car. We do not paint the hinges or the inner part of the fender though...

So the kit is $1849 + $850 Install at our shop..You are at $2699... Its right on track... We have kits instock if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
9 Posts
r u having only the front doors done or all 4 doors?...I was thinking about having only the front doors done but I'm not sure how it'll look on my car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts