Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else heading down for this NASA track day?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I was going to go, but not in the cards this time. Laguna Seca is a must do at least once for anyone who loves racing. It is a blast.

C.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a perfect day at the track. NASA runs these "midweek madness" events at Seca every six months or so... keep an eye on their web page and sign up early; the event fills up fast.

I ran the same event in March on RSA's and stock brake fluid. Neither held up well :)

So I took 255 F1's on all corners this time, along with Motul RBF600 DOT4 fluid and it was much better. A new set of stock pads, too. I completed six sessions (sat one out to get some video) of probably nine laps each, a LOT of track time.

Still the only Charger out there among a wide variety of other cars... including a sky blue Ferrari F430 with all sorts of Apple badging. Your iPod money at work! Last session of the day was open to all classes, and they let somebody onto the track while the F430 was blasting down the main straightaway... I didn't see it personally, but everybody said the F430 ended up spinning its way down the straight, miraculously staying on the pavement prior to turn 2. Needless to say, they completed the lap and got off the track faster than you can say "soiled flamesuit".

I can't take the "This Thing Is Not Like The Others" trophy this time, though... there was an older Volvo (think: box) 4 door sedan rockin' in HPDE3. Whoa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts