Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my V2s in yesterday. I just had the guy put it at maximum recommended height. But i found out what I read on this forum later to be true...the back end is almost an inch higher than the front at those settings. So, for another $100 I had him drop the rear and readjust about 3/4 inch down from max recommended kw settings...which is really close to matching the front.

Anyhow...now it really looks sweet, rides sweet, and handles like a 4-door family sedan has no right to! The new KWV2s are shipping with "clicks" on the rebound adjusters, which is SWEET. The have detents (or something like that) built in so that it mantains a positive position, and easily adjustable to get both sides the same...just dial in the same amount of clicks from full clockwise.

There comes a point when dialing in more rebound when it overtakes the non-adjustable compression damping, and you dont want to go beyond that. It could probably use some more slow speed compression damping, but Its WAY better than stock. Perhaps just a slightly higher spring rate up front would make it PERFECT. But, for anyone who is considering the KWV2 purchase....the difference is incredible. The biggest thing i notice is the side-to side jostling when cornereing or hitting bumps/dips is reduced dramatically. And of course the corner roll is about non-existant!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
adjustable coils are great but keep one thing in mind. You need an alignment with as little as an 1/8 inch of difference. If you align your car now and adjust it 1/8 of an inch more, you'll need another four wheel done.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
adjustable coils are great but keep one thing in mind. You need an alignment with as little as an 1/8 inch of difference. If you align your car now and adjust it 1/8 of an inch more, you'll need another four wheel done.
Well, sure, if it were a perfect world, you could re-align your car whenever you changed any load at all in it...I mean, as soon as you've got someone else in your than yourself, the average suspension level has changed. Throw some groceries in the back, and its out of "alignment" Its just a matter of how far you want to go. The fact that I dropped my rear pushed the alignment far enough that it couldnt be brought back to factory specs. I guess I'll just have to 'pay' for that in early tire wear!? By the way...are you sure your shop does an alignment with someone close to your weight in the driver's seat? If not, then YOUR CAR IS OUT OF ALIGNMENT!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my V2s in yesterday. I just had the guy put it at maximum recommended height. But i found out what I read on this forum later to be true...the back end is almost an inch higher than the front at those settings. So, for another $100 I had him drop the rear and readjust about 3/4 inch down from max recommended kw settings...which is really close to matching the front.

Anyhow...now it really looks sweet, rides sweet, and handles like a 4-door family sedan has no right to! The new KWV2s are shipping with "clicks" on the rebound adjusters, which is SWEET. The have detents (or something like that) built in so that it mantains a positive position, and easily adjustable to get both sides the same...just dial in the same amount of clicks from full clockwise.

There comes a point when dialing in more rebound when it overtakes the non-adjustable compression damping, and you dont want to go beyond that. It could probably use some more slow speed compression damping, but Its WAY better than stock. Perhaps just a slightly higher spring rate up front would make it PERFECT. But, for anyone who is considering the KWV2 purchase....the difference is incredible. The biggest thing i notice is the side-to side jostling when cornereing or hitting bumps/dips is reduced dramatically. And of course the corner roll is about non-existant!

Yesterday, I decided to see what it would feel like if i backed way off on the damping. Unbelievable how a few clicks can change the whole feel of the car! I really prefer the damping reduced (counterclockwise) for most situations. I'm a few clicks under the recommendations by KW. This allows the chassis to remain stable under road dips, and makes for a very comfortable ride. Too much damping and things start getting twitchy. Yet at the softer settings, I dont feel a lot of roll, oscillation, or lack of control. I'm gonna keep tweaking, this is fun!
Mango Man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.