Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home from work to a nice present waiting at the front door for me! Now I just need winter break to end, January 6, so I can put these on at school!!
Not gonna be using the bolts or gaskets they came with. I bought the stage 8 locking header bolts and MOPAR header gaskets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I ordered my set on December 19th. Got mine from Maryland speed, they should be here mid January.

Congrats on the purchase, are you happy with the quality? Where did you get yours?

I plan on using stage 8's and mopar gaskets as well

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered my set on December 19th. Got mine from Maryland speed, they should be here mid January.

Congrats on the purchase, are you happy with the quality? Where did you get yours?

I plan on using stage 8's and mopar gaskets as well
I got everything from HHP. Headers, gaskets, bolts, and slp lm 1. I'm very happy the the quality. The calico kool krome really looks nice. Worth the extra $$$. I ordered my on black Friday so I got a really good discount.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Very nice! Cant wait to hear what you think of the headers with SLP as I am running that as well. Are you going catless or with cats? I am going catless, due to my tune. Install of these long tubes is a pain in the ass...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very nice! Cant wait to hear what you think of the headers with SLP as I am running that as well. Are you going catless or with cats? I am going catless, due to my tune. Install of these long tubes is a pain in the ass...
I plan on running catless, though the hard core racer package I ordered comes with the catted and decatted mids so I can change them if needed. I'm gonna be installing these at my school. Our garage is pretty high tech with lots of tools and lifts at our disposal and an instructor with 35+ years experience under his belt. I hope this won't be as difficult as everyone says it is.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Its not that bad. Drivers side requires removal of the steering linkage rod, no biggie. Passenger side pulling the starter and resting it on the cradle makes it easier. Either way loosening up the motor mounts to raise and lower the engine to reach the tops makes life easier. I am confident in a full shop you can do the swap in 8 hours and less

1 - 6 of 6 Posts