Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members ,

i got a question i need a quick answer for so i can place an order right now :p .

i would like to install kooks headers for my 07 dodge charger R/T.

now there is a couple of options with kooks headers http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/category.php?cname=Headers&cid=1&sname=Chrysler/Dodge&sid=41&pname=300C /Charger /Challenger /Magnum (5.7 Hemi)&pnid=43

which one should i go for ? and which sellers do you guys recommend will be greatly appreciated :)

does it fit perfectly with borla cat back exhaust ?

ps. small question i made the dodge dealership install my borla 112 cat back exhaust. when i turned on my car there is no cool borla sound lol , it sounded like stock exhaust . i asked the dealer they said they didnt remove the resonator is that the reason why im not gettin any sound ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just checked HHP.com they are a sponser here . im wondering do we get any discount if we are charger forums members. would be greatly helpful about to spend about 2k lol on headers lol please let me know

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Dear members ,

i got a question i need a quick answer for so i can place an order right now :p .

now there is a couple of options with kooks headers http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/c...harger /Challenger /Magnum (5.7 Hemi)&pnid=43

which one should i go for ? and which sellers do you guys recommend will be greatly appreciated :)

ps. small question i made the dodge dealership install my borla 112 cat back exhaust. when i turned on my car there is no cool borla sound lol , it sounded like stock exhaust . i asked the dealer they said they didnt remove the resonator is that the reason why im not gettin any sound ?
Dude, make them put the Borla reso's on......I have the 112 and love the sound.....What, did he keep the borla reso's for himself........:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
huh so borla comes with res. hows the sound like when IDLE ?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Mine had a kinda quiet rumble at idle, but put alittle torque to it and she opens up real good!! if you get the Kooks, It will scream.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so its nothing like the factory sound ?

i wanna order kooks please point me in the right direction .

i sent ya my email for live messenger add me :)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Dear members ,

now there is a couple of options with kooks headers http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/category.php?cname=Headers&cid=1&sname=Chrysler/Dodge&sid=41&pname=300C /Charger /Challenger /Magnum (5.7 Hemi)&pnid=43

Unless your building the stock motor( head work, cam, etc.) or SC'ing it. I would not go with long tubes. You'll lose to much bottom end and the price of install will not be worth the little power gain. If your going to do the Predator, CAI, cat-back. I would look at some mid-pipes and you should be set!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Dear members ,

http://marylandspeed.com/kooks-1-34...i-lx-300c-charger-magnum-k6910-cc-p-1260.html

Those are what ya want, got mine from marylandspeed, good people.

If i remember right, the Borla 112's dont have reso's? so a big WTF should be said to your dealer and ask him where the hell are your straight pipes that are suppose to go where the reso's are. its the Borla 125 exhaust that has the Reso's

and yes, that exhaust will bolt up perfectly with those headers and cat midpipes.

Unless your building the stock motor( head work, cam, etc.) or SC'ing it. I would not go with long tubes. You'll lose to much bottom end and the price of install will not be worth the little power gain. If your going to do the Predator, CAI, cat-back. I would look at some mid-pipes and you should be set!:bigthumb:
Love to see your dyno chart showing loss on lower end!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Just get the package deal from marylandspeed, they come with the extension cables, but beware, the ones that come with, can be a bit short

Passenger side one might have issues, would recommend cutting in half and extending the wires by 2 to 3 inches and sodering and using electrical tape or heat shrink tubing to protecting the area from moisture... hang on.. will get you perfect Part info for installing these babys

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Ok when I ordered from maryland, got this in box:

Longtubes, Cat Mids, Crappy Gaskets, crappy bolts, and o2 extender cables

07 5.7: left: 53013943AA and right: 53013944AA <--gaskets, order those!

Bolts 6.1- 6503131 <--- order 16 of those puppys! well worth it, they are 6.1 header bolts and work great for 5.7.

I paid 50 bucks total from dealer for those items

Also order a 6.1 dipstick/oil tube since it mounts to the valve cover, our 5.7 mounts to the old header.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113813&highlight=header+install

that link refers to my old post referring to my installation, i didnt have to lift the motor at all, but if doing the install yourself, pickup some rachet wrenches! your gonna need them lol 10mm and 12mm if i remember right?

getting at the bolts above the motor mount is no fun, but the end result and cuss words after hearing her fire up make all the pain go away... sound is totally amazing!

P.S. Be sure to pull a tiny bit on the O2 extension wires before installing, i had one wire pull out because of crappy factory crimp job and caused issues until i found out the error a day later.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
do you need Y pipes ? or any pipes additionaly ?
You said you got the Borla 112 exhaust, that is complete Catback....

So with Complete kooks package your good

Kook headers+Kooks Mid Cats+Borla112= Full sweet sounding exhaust with extra power to boot

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
saweeeet alrite bro hhp.com ? or maryland ?
should i order from ?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I wouldnt buy from eBay, one of the supporting vendors for chargerforums will set you up good, I bought mine through marylandspeed, thats just me, its your money, you chose where to buy from :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea i sent an email to HHP they are a sponser here . but i guess i gotta wait till monday :S. i hate waiting lol .

thanks man for the info :D

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
http://marylandspeed.com/kooks-1-34...i-lx-300c-charger-magnum-k6910-cc-p-1260.html

Those are what ya want, got mine from marylandspeed, good people.

If i remember right, the Borla 112's dont have reso's? so a big WTF should be said to your dealer and ask him where the hell are your straight pipes that are suppose to go where the reso's are. its the Borla 125 exhaust that has the Reso's

and yes, that exhaust will bolt up perfectly with those headers and cat midpipe

Love to see your dyno chart showing loss on lower end!
No need...its a fact! You blew your cash on that mod. Longtubes are only a good investment if you have done heads, cam or a stroker. Longtubes will do absolutely nothing on a mildly modded motor. You might get a better sound for 2K but thats about it

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
think marylandspeed offers free coating, just when you order, type in for the coupon: Freecoating

Just get the headers coated, suppose to help the headers get real nice and hot inside the tubes, helps the gases exit faster which is suppose to be better

no need to get the mids coated, nothing to really gain there from what I understand

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cam and heads maybe stroker are my future upgrades so i will keep that option available :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts