Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have these headers? if so I would be interested to know your thoughts. When I spoke to the potential installer, he said between a corsa exhaust, the cooks headers and a new cat converter, I should gain about 40 hp on my srt8....

Does this seem realistic?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
for whatever its worth, its kooks :D
there are some of the best prices you can find for those items from the forum vendors.
as far as the actual performance gains in numbers im not sure, howeverthe kooks can be purchased with high flow cats, and teh corsa catback is a very nice one.

if you have the money, this is probably the best exhaust setup you can buy.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
40 hp is a bit of stretch. I'd say with most Longtube headers you will about about 15 HP. With Full exhaust Intake and tune, most people are making about 210-220 HP. That is about 30-40 HP over stock.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
40 hp is a bit of stretch. I'd say with most Longtube headers you will about about 15 HP. With Full exhaust Intake and tune, most people are making about 210-220 HP. That is about 30-40 HP over stock.
:clap: Yup, an SRT8 only has 210-220 WITH THOSE MODS! Damn glad I got my Daytona!!! :tongue:

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
:clap: Yup, an SRT8 only has 210-220 WITH THOSE MODS! Damn glad I got my Daytona!!! :tongue:
I was talking about an R/T, I didn't realize that he had an SRT.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i think he was making a crack at the fact that u said 210-220, not 310-320 hehe. i knew what you meant, but i make so many typos myself, and i dont care, and i just assume people have brains larger than an apes and can figure it out...

but some people dont.

and some people like to make lil comments. i dont blame them tho, i usually do too :D hah.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
i think he was making a crack at the fact that u said 210-220, not 310-320 hehe. i knew what you meant, but i make so many typos myself, and i dont care, and i just assume people have brains larger than an apes and can figure it out...

but some people dont.

and some people like to make lil comments. i dont blame them tho, i usually do too :D hah.
Man, do I feel stupid. :dead:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Just to correct my self, if you had an R/T, it would be 310-320. Sorry if I confused anyone. :grin:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Man, do I feel stupid. :dead:

Don't feel stupid, I'm being corrected every time I turn around and I'm a genius.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Anyone have these headers? if so I would be interested to know your thoughts. When I spoke to the potential installer, he said between a corsa exhaust, the cooks headers and a new cat converter, I should gain about 40 hp on my srt8....

Does this seem realistic?

I can't tell you the exact HP gains, because I dyno'd my car with just Corsa cat back and dub CAI..and then after adding PP heads, cam, kooks LT with HF cats, and a flash tune...so I can't tell you which mod was responsible for the roughly 90 HP gain. I can let you hear what the kooks/corsa combo sounds like on a 5.7:

and this car is faster than my srt8 charger (stock)

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
The Kooks headers IMO are the best set of LT Headers for our cars out there. That being said, you've already got 'shorty' headers on your stock SRT exhaust. Don't expect huge gains from any exhaust setup on your SRT. I've heard from some other SRT owners about how disappointed they were in the minimal performance gains when they added LT headers. Now, for the 5.7L guys, Kooks LT headers and a nice catback make a notable difference in power for sure.

For me so far, the Sidewinder cam was the largest single gain in power but the Kooks LT's are second. I noticed a significant gain, especially in mid range power.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
The Kooks headers IMO are the best set of LT Headers for our cars out there. That being said, you've already got 'shorty' headers on your stock SRT exhaust. Don't expect huge gains from any exhaust setup on your SRT. I've heard from some other SRT owners about how disappointed they were in the minimal performance gains when they added LT headers. Now, for the 5.7L guys, Kooks LT headers and a nice catback make a notable difference in power for sure.

For me so far, the Sidewinder cam was the largest single gain in power but the Kooks LT's are second. I noticed a significant gain, especially in mid range power.
I couldn't agree more. Headers are great, but once I got my Sidewinder installed I was amazed by how much harder the car pulled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.