Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the KTP Sunday 26th 12-4pm
Will be a open show for American cars,Put on by the UAW and Chrysler
A few of us are going to met at the Hardees in Speedway (Just off 465W and High School Road) at 8 am and leave around 830am to convoy there
Decent show the last few times Ive been,Cheap Food and Drinks

RICK

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You showing the Charger or the Durango?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Durangos apart
Daytona will make this trip most likely
Was thinking about taking the Avenger but the wheels arnt in yet

RICK

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Sweet! I should be able to make one-or-BOTH of those....need to get the car washed up first!

·
Registered
174 Posts
thanks for the heads up Rick.
def going to the All Mopar

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I just finished washing the car...

But I might only be able to make the Sunday one. :(

·
Registered
174 Posts
if you do head to the sunday show PM me , its only 30 min drive be just like going to sister inlaws only more fun

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Doesn't look like I am gonna make it after all . . . . huge car show just south of Columbus . . . . and the CentralOhioLX Club is attending. Sorry, maybe next time. :(

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mopar Show Understood, but All American Show?

Just an question. The Dodge Charger is built in Brampton, Ontario, Canada, is this considered an American car for the show? :)

Is a Toyota truck built in Texas still considered more American than a car built in Canada? Can you put a American made Toyota in the show at Chrysler? I saw a guy get bashed, in Kokomo, for bringing an american made car to the Chrysler show last year (Toyota)? I was parked beside this guy and it was bad how he was treated by people because of a name plate.

Not haten, I love my charger and my wifes chrysler 300, but struggled with the purchases from the standpoint that they are building out of the country. The transmission comes from Kokomo, IN and many suppliers are state side?

I would still never bring myself to purchasing what everyone once and still do foreign cars. Are my cars foregin or not? I still struggle with this question.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Your post made my head hurt... :knockout:

But if you want an honest answer, I believe it's all in where the company resides/began.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks, I am still confused on the topic? Many threads are putting down what they call foregin cars, but they are made in the states by a foregin company. Former Daimler Chrysler is German, and the Charger is made in Canada.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Your post made my head hurt... :knockout:

But if you want an honest answer, I believe it's all in where the company resides/began.
x 2 :yes:

Otherwise you could say most Honda's are American since they are made in Marysville, Ohio which is about 45 minutes from me.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
x 2 :yes:

Otherwise you could say most Honda's are American since they are made in Marysville, Ohio which is about 45 minutes from me.
They're making a new Honda plant in Southern Indiana as well for the Civic.

I owned a Neon that was made in Mexico. :confused:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Not sure how this topic came up in this thread....:lol:

But conventional wisdom says that anything GM, Ford, or Mopar is American. Everything else is foreign.

However...

I will never look down on anyone for buying Honda or Toyota when I look at how many people those two companies employ in my state, and how many people I know who lost their jobs with Chrysler and GM who now work for Toyota, Honda, and Subaru...if not for the jobs with those "foreign" auto-makers, people I know would be out on the streets.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
How were the shows?

I missed both... :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Todays was great,Weather was Inline
Good company with a few freind
Had a few from out of state,Illinois-Wisconsin-Michigan

RICK

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Todays was great,Weather was Inline
Good company with a few freind
Had a few from out of state,Illinois-Wisconsin-Michigan

RICK
Where were you parked at? I saw a TorRed Daytona, are your headlights tinted?

I was parked down at the South End of the yard right in front of a SubLime.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts