Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been experiencing a weird backup camera video issues. Sometimes it comes really clean and clear and somethings Im getting this orange huge video. At first I thought it was my reverse light not coming on and providing enough light for the camera to provide a clear picture but I was able to confirm that the reverse light its coming on. So Im not sure if this is at the camera level or the uconnect level. Also.... Uconnect its not saving the favorite contacts up top. Every time I turn the car off and back on all my favorites are gone and I need to re-add them. Any known issues with either of those?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I want to do another project.

Right now the backup camera only comes on when in reverse.
I want to manually cut on the backup camera at will to see what is behind me.

I can install a momentary switch in the wire that triggers the camera
if I knew which color wire it is and if I knew where that wire goes to.

I theorize that the reverse lever triggers the camera,
and maybe the same wire is the one that lights the "R" on the shift lever.

Maybe the camera is triggered by the backup lights.

Anyone have some thoughts on wires, colors and wire destinations?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ive seen another discussion on this and it looks like its not so simple because its over the can bus and conterolled through the head unit.
Its speculated if the trigger is found you will be sending info that the car is in reverse while not being so.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ive seen another discussion on this and it looks like its not so simple because its over the can bus and controlled through the head unit.
Its speculated if the trigger is found you will be sending info that the car is in reverse while not being so.
You may be right.
Someone suggested that they could go through their TAZER device to change it.
Someone suggested there was a touch screen app that could be used.
Dang....I'm not spending hundreds on a Tazer, (which the dealer may be able to detect) and my basic touch screen probably doesn't have that app.

1. Putting an LED in the wire will stop the back feed for reverse, once I figure how to send the signal
to the backup camera. Second solution: a double throw/double pole switch will interrupt the signal going to the wrong place at the moment it also makes the camera connection.

Now I'm wondering about how to get a wiring diagram to study.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The head unit has to receive instructions to swap out of the current display mode to the reverse cam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts