Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 2016 Dodge Charger R/T, and I just started hearing a knock/clunking noise coming from the rear driver side tire but not exactly sure. I currently have It on lowering springs, it has a custom built exhaust that doesn’t seem to be loose. I’ve read up on people having the center support bearing for the drive shaft give out and cause noises and vibrations but mine looks to be fine. I’ve taken it to brakes plus and also aamco, they haven’t been able to find anything lose or damaged. What can I do next??

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 Hemi
16 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a 2016 Dodge Charger R/T, and I just started hearing a knock/clunking noise coming from the rear driver side tire but not exactly sure. I currently have It on lowering springs, it has a custom built exhaust that doesn’t seem to be loose. I’ve read up on people having the center support bearing for the drive shaft give out and cause noises and vibrations but mine looks to be fine. I’ve taken it to brakes plus and also aamco, they haven’t been able to find anything lose or damaged. What can I do next??
Try to figure out when the clunking happens, whether it's when your turning, accelerating, or driving over bumps. Another thing you can do is put you hands over the rear wheel on the body and push the car up and down to recreate the noise. If it makes noise by bouncing it, it's suspension, if not, it might be your center driveshaft bearing. Do the bounce test on the front wheels too, you never know, it could be the front. You can always pull a wheel off and just start wiggling suspension components. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thank you for that info, I have noticed that it only does it when I hit bumps/pot holes not matter what speed I’m going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts