Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep - killed a Tundra. Only because it was a close friend - and he wanted to know what he had. It was stock 5.7 liter - Edmunds has them at: 381 horse - 401 TQ.

So not too shabby. We were at a roll doing 50 mph - he looked at me, I gave him the "go" sign - he nailed it - I nailed it after that. He took off pretty well, but at 85 I had him by a half-car; at 100 mph he was at least a car back and gave up.

We slowed down and he had a grin from ear-to-ear! Those trucks are pretty fast, and I dont think I'd like to see one off the line with all that Torque!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
but how much does one of them suckers weigh? i doubt he can even chirp you off the line just because i doubt theyre geared to do so

edmundsDOTcom info on the 2007 v8 tundra
Unleashing this powertrain down the drag strip, we recorded a stunning 0-60-mph time of 6.3 seconds, while the quarter-mile came up in 14.8 seconds at 93.7 mph. Our best efforts came with the traction control switched off, a move that activates Auto limited-slip differential, a brake-based, electronic-limited-slip function. Mind you, this is a Double Cab 4x4 truck that weighs 5,637 pounds.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not bragging - thats why I entered it as sort of - "ho-hum". Only reason I did it was because he begged me. I'll tell you though - thats a fast truck. Either that or my Sublime is a complete dog!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I wouldn't brag about beating a toyota truck in a race.
I would!! I own one 2 It hauls balls!! I can blow the tires off on it better then my charger. what motor was in that truck? the 5.7 is 381 hp an 401 tq the 5.7 is like My tundra dynoed like 330 and 360 tq to the wheels if I remember right need to go get the sheet on it.

the trucks are heavy but if you get a short bed standard cab watch out! add a blower you got a lighting killer

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not bragging - thats why I entered it as sort of - "ho-hum". Only reason I did it was because he begged me. I'll tell you though - thats a fast truck. Either that or my Sublime is a complete dog!
Its still good to hear. Good job.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My parents just bought that truck last week. i think Im going to "borrow" it andtake itfor a "test drive" :wink:

·
Registered
474 Posts
The Toyota's 5.7 is a very stout engine. I believe the Gen II 5.7 from Dodge will have something for them though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I killed one a couple years ago with my 97 Wrangler. I don't think he was very happy with me, but my Jeep gave him all he could handle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
5637 lbs is a pretty light truck. I am not surprised how fast they move. That is what my Daytona weighs with me and the rest of my fatty fat fat family. Built by pasta!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts