Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so kind of my last night with the charger for a while (off to boston for school) so I was coming home looking for some fun / just going fast! The light ahead of me is red and there is a porsche (911 or boxer i think) sitting there, as i approach it turns green to i just put my foot to the floor (mostly just for the loud rev) then all of a sudden this porsche comes vrooming and catching up then continues to accelerate... oh boy, so I tihnk whatever I'll play along and hammer it and to my surprise im gaining on him, and pretty fast. At 110 or so im really pulling on him and he slows right down so i slow down too. We end up doing the 123 go! at the next stretch, i beat him off the line and he starts to get about half a car on me then i shift and get right back with him, hear him miss a gear and i just go off. I slow down again and he gives me the lights flash and a thumbs up.

huh? I just beat a porsche? He must have been scared as hell haha. Fun "kill". Guys i know his car was faster but he must have just been a badddddd driver or scared as hell. (I think it was the portholes:rolleyes: :wink: :biggrin: )

Oh well, i love my baby and it was a fun night! :rockon:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sounds like you had some fun. Good kill.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yep... I had the same experience with a boxster. I pulled up to the line, he started revving his engine. I wasn't looking for a race, but that was my signal. Once the light turned green, we were off. He couldn't pull on me. :)

If he had the "S" boxster I think he would have easily won. Doesn't the "S" edition boxster have a bigger engine?

Good kill. :)

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
good kill. I believe the boxter is slightly slower than the R/T
correct, the boxter is a little slower (why you would buy a 14sec porsche is beyond me!) the boxter s is a drivers race with the R/T

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
correct, the boxter is a little slower (why you would buy a 14sec porsche is beyond me!) the boxter s is a drivers race with the R/T
You buy a 14 sec Porsche when you want the status and flash of the porsche but don't need/can't afford the power of a REAL Porsche.

·
Registered
928 Posts
no boxters are slow, but they do handle well

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
boxsters are slow. that is all.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've kept up with a porsche while entering onto a highway, got up to about 90 before traffic slowed us down. Didnt gain or lose any ground. think it was a regular 911, but not sure. farther up I got around traffic and took off, the porsche followed me right on my heels. we both gave thumbs up.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
You buy a 14 sec Porsche when you want the status and flash of the porsche but don't need/can't afford the power of a REAL Porsche.
IMHO a boxter does not give you status at all. The porsche community makes fun of the boxter ppl bc it is pointless to buy a 14 sec porsche. The Boxter is a big joke

1 - 18 of 18 Posts