Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently looked into upgrading my stock speakers in my 06 RT as well as add an amp and a couple of subs. On first trip to Best Buy to gain some knowledge I was told I needed a Kicker Sum8 before I should even think of adding anything on because I was running off a stock deck. I questioned buying a aftermarket deck to avoid this but was told Id need a data stream cable for that as well which would be $200. Any help or suggestions here?? I don't want to buy this thing if its a mere grab, or its for someone who wants a high end system, I just want a little more kick. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The Sum8 is probably like a Cleansweep or Re-Q. They're signal processors. You don't need one because PAC makes wiring harnesses for our cars that provide a clean signal. You only need a signal processor if you want to keep the stock head unit and have loads of equalization at your fingertips. In my experience, the equalization is not really needed, especially if you're just adding a subwoofer. If you have no factory amp, the wiring harness from PAC is $50. If you have a factory amp, it's more like $90. That will give you a remote turn-on wire and two sets of RCA jacks for up to two amps. I use this wiring harness to run an amp for my front components and an amp for my subwoofer with no problems. I had the factory amp so the wiring harness I used was the C2A-CHY3; if you have no factory amp you will use the less expensive version from PAC. There is no need for a $300-500 signal processor for someone with your needs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread;but, I have the SE with the basic 4 speaker setup no dash speakers. Im placing an order on a mygig RER and I want to replace my factory speakers with 8" doors, 3.5/tweeter dash and 6x9 rears.. Would I need the PAC harness aswell?
Would I need a cleansweep/sum8? Because I'm sure that I'm going to need an aftrmarket amp due to the fact that my car didn't come equipped with one! Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts