Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my charger in May of 07. I had a friend install a viper alarm and auto start. Now the key won't start the charger. The only way to start the car is with the auto start feature. Please, Please help if you know what is wrong and what I can do to fix this issue. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Best guess is a wire off the ignition switch has been wired wrong or spliced incorrectly.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
viper isnt high on my list of great remote starts but i do them for a living so i can try to help you. When you try to start it , does it immediately die and is there a red circle light on i/c

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Could be a bad module, thats sending a key signal at all times, the car will freak out, if there is more than one key present at start up.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have the viper 5900 and I don't have that problem, it's gotta be an installer error or defective module. Hklevi also has the 791 and no problem. Take it to a real liscenced viper installer immediately.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know when i had mine installed they had to use the chip from one of the keys for the remote start instead of the the whole key but when i tried using the key the chip was taken from it would allow me to start the car but then die immediately, if you have a spare try and use it to start the car and see if that works...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts