Charger Forums banner

Kenne bell hook up?

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  turboshelbys 
#1 ·
I went out to cruise with some buddies yesterday and couldnt help but wish my car was faster. I know the Kenne Bell 2.8 supercharger kit is $7,000 and i think thats just too much... Does anyone know how to get my car to 500hp and under $5,000? Already have a Corsa exhaust, Afe intake, and diablo tune. Its a 2014 RT thats my daily driver.

#2 · (Edited)
What about taking your ~$5,000 and trading your R/T in for a 2017 Daytona 392 or a Scat Pack? Seems like you'll spend all that money to just get in to a 392's territory with your 5.7 when you could go out and get a 392 with that money as a down payment and have a better platform to start from? If you want to keep your '14 R/T I suppose a cam, SRT manifold, and etc without forced induction might get you to ~500bhp at the crank but I'm not entirely sure. Maybe someone else here has experience with getting a 5.7 to ~500bhp for under $5,000. :)

#3 ·
The research I have done so far kinda has me doing a full kit from shophemi.com. This package includes Arrington CNC Ported Heads, Comp Cams 270 Camshaft package, Pushrods, and Phase limiter/lock. I also am thinking about adding a throttle body but some people are saying its not worth it. With this set up I should gain around 80hp and 70tq.

#4 ·
Going to be crazy here for a moment... why bother?

If you gave me $5k right now I'd double that money in 3 years. With that $15k I'd go trade it in for something and pay the difference. Slightly used hellcat?

There is no way I'd get into SCing the 5.7 just to get to SRT zone. I hope this reasoning makes sense. I've done custom, it's a PITA long term. Everything wears faster or you can never really boost it as much as you want without going forged internals. I did the $7k motor rebuild yada yada yada. I swore I'd never do it again.

#5 ·
^^ This ^^

If you've got a bunch of free time and simply enjoy doing it, I can see the attraction. Been there, did that (a few times). Over the years, I've come to the same conclusion above. Life is too short. Also, if you care at all about resale value, you can kiss most of the mod money goodbye.

Best,

#6 ·
You can find a used 2012-14 Super Bee for mid-20's with decent mileage. Why put all of that money into a 5.7?

I'd like to put money into adding more power to my 392, but it just isn't worth it. You're already seeing used Hellcat's with lower mileage hovering around $50k. Another year or so and they'll be low $40's.

#7 ·
Indeed. The place I ordered my Scat from had a brand new Hellcat on the lot for $65k (wasn't worth a $26k premium to me, but it was tempting). They'll definitely be dipping into the high 30's or low 40's in another year or so.

Best,

#8 ·
Double 5k into 15k? Now that sounds like a hell of a trick!

Under 5k is gonna be hard, real hard! Wipple makes a supercharger that is bolt on 170hp for the 5.7 and includes a 3 year warranty that can be extended to 5 I believe. That will put you right around 530-540hp BUT it's a 7 grand kit or $10,000 if you have it installed for you.

#12 ·
Double 5k into 15k? Now that sounds like a hell of a trick!

Under 5k is gonna be hard, real hard! Wipple makes a supercharger that is bolt on 170hp for the 5.7 and includes a 3 year warranty that can be extended to 5 I believe. That will put you right around 530-540hp BUT it's a 7 grand kit or $10,000 if you have it installed for you.
It's not as hard as you think if you know how to invest properly.

#9 ·
I have personally installed the KB systems and it is very simple to do with hand tools in less than a day, 2 tops if you want to take your time. It is an amazing kit and with the tune that comes with it will put down between 500-529WHP with no other mods. With a good tuner and better exhaust, they can coax north of the 550WHP mark on pump 93.

#10 ·
I hate to say it, because I am not a fan(NOS), if you want the best bang for your buck daily driver get a good CAI, headers, high flow cats, free flowing exhaust, tuner of your choice, and a 75-100 shot of NOS. That will wake your 5.7 up big time and bring you under your 5k budget.

#11 · (Edited)
You have a great ride with the 100th year anniversery charger. You have the 3.06 rear gears with all the bells and whistles. I think you should look hard at the Arrington package you are thinking about. From their youtube vids and customer vehicles on the website, they are getting 425+ rear wheel horsepower with the 5.7L. BTW you car also weighs less than a Scat Pack or SRT with the 6.4L. No need to purchase a new car with the 6.4L unless you like that european front end look and a rear end that looks like a Dart on the highway until you get up close. LOL

Forget the Throttle body unless you get a blower. From what I have seen it will not add anything with just a cam install. You should look at getting Longtube headers if going with 270 Cam.

#13 ·
Just a FYI, Edelbrock is coming out with their E-Force 2650 Supercharger next month. Reports are that it outflows the Whipple and will cost about the same as their 2300 kit.

A supercharger install should not cost more than $1000, $1200 max. Most of these kits can be installed in one day by a good tech and the hardest part is pinning the crank. Edelbrock also offers a 3 year warranty. So a $7000 Eforce kit should only set you back $8000 complete with tune when all is complete.

#15 ·
I used to be into mustangs and di the whole supercharger things and doing heads and cam etc, Have fun with a tuning nightmare. There will always be glitches even when you have it fine tuned and then get fed up with it and eventually sell the dam thing.

#17 ·
get yourself a whipple or Kenne Bell and save yourself the trouble with these other "kits". They are a true bolt on, upload the tune and drive kits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.