Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peoples!

I currently have an R/T Charger from 2007. It has 81,500 miles and already has the K&N intake installed. No other mods have been done.'i bought this car for about 14,500 last year when it had 70,000 miles on it. It's about half way payed off right now and I'm planning to keep it for another year. My question is. Should I keep it longer than this??? I've considered doing a cat-back, shorty headers, and a diablo tune for some time now but was curious if you guys think I should save my money and buy a 5.0 2011 mustang? which usually get 420 crank and 360-370 to the wheels stock. I'd love to get my R/T to about 350-360 but I don't know if it has that ability with the mods I'd like to do and at its high mileage. Any tips if it's possible or opinions If I should sell it would be appreciated!!! :)

I'm pretty new to posting but I've been rolling around the site for a year haha.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well of course a lot of guys here are very loyal to the charger and mopar products. But I was considering something very similar, changing from my 2010 sxt to a 2011 v6 mustang. It's no secret that the mustang is a dominant performance vehicle. The coyote motor would definitely give you step up with that 5.0, and it would probably handle better too. But if you're loyal to your charger then I say stick with it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually fell in love with the mopar 11 charger last year and I bought the 07 from that experience! Huge dodge fan, always have been :) thanks for the answer!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
IMO why not upgrade to the car you fell in love with. The M11's are awesome cars and come with 3.91 gears and some nice options. You still get to keep the 4-doors and trunk space making the car very versatile and they go fast enough to put a smile on your face.

Was that enough "and's"..... it's true, you get all that and more. No matter what you drive, there's always someone faster unless you have DEEP ass money pockets.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Two different car types here.
The Charger gives you much more interior space, and a little more exclusivity. No one looks twice at a Mustang anymore, but Chargers still get looks.
Performance-wise, you'll pay lots to make a Charger handle like a good Mustang. And there are plenty of shops that specialize in Mustang performance. But you'll never haul three of your adult friends comfortably in the Ford.

I prefer comfort and a decent dose of speed/power. So I am a Charger fan. If I was all about top performance is a still-good-looking package, then the Mustang gets my money.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Love my 5.0, it's faster then 99% of cars I run into on the street. You can put that money intot he 5.7 and still get beat by a bone stock 5.0, I made 374 bone stock.

I miss my charger for the 4 doors but that is it, chrysler hasn't made a car to hang with the pony race in a long while....

·
Registered
899 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts