Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the results of the CAI tests on the LX forums, there really is no gain in any brand. I was wondering if a drop in will give me the same throaty sound as a CAI for less money?...Excuse me for asking,but I am a novice to all this stuff. :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't think there is a reason to excuse yourself. The only dumb question is the one not asked. :wink: The drop in may increase the intake noise slightly but not as if you had a CAI.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lord...just looking for a cheaper way to get a lil bit meaner sound.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
not any sound that i noticed....i have a drop in and really don't think it helped at all...my 2 cents....i have a mopar cai on order.....the performance "may" not be there but everyone on here says they sound mean as hell (that is enough for me to want one). plus when they do crack the dc codes - the mods will already be there to take advantage of the new programming.....go get ya a cai!!!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah Go Daddy, I was just thinking that myself. I work for a Dodge dealer and checked the price today.I figured I could get it a lot cheaper because I work there... HA!...it was still $300....I'm also leaning towards the K&N Typhoon.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
no don't do the typhoon...go aircharger or mopar.....seems the guys at another forum don't really care for them and end up wanting the aircharger or the mopar. my 2 cents!!!! hope i don't offend anyone with the typhoon :embarrese

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
GoDaddy said:
no don't do the typhoon...go aircharger or mopar.....seems the guys at another forum don't really care for them and end up wanting the aircharger or the mopar. my 2 cents!!!! hope i don't offend anyone with the typhoon :embarrese
CRAP - I JUST BOUGHT ONE!!! I'm going to have to return it....thanks for the heads up

·
Banned
113 Posts
I just dropped the drop in in today and I believe it helps a little and sounds just a tad tougher.

Eventually I plan on buying the mopar CAI but that'll be after a hood scoop spoiler and 20" rims are on my car :) the drop in is enough for me. put the big money into exhaust if you're looking for a meaner sound.

·
Registered
384 Posts
DutchMaster said:
the Mopar oneis also made by K&N tho..right?
no, the MOPAR one is made by MOPAR. K&N makes the Aircharger and the Typhoon

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
DutchMaster said:
Ok, well I cancelled the order on the typhoon, and got the Mopar brand one.. cant wait for it to get here :)

sorry man, just going by what others have said....EVERYONE that gets the aircharger and mopar cai love em. didn't mean to cause you some pain. :cry: :happy:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
GoDaddy said:
sorry man, just going by what others have said....EVERYONE that gets the aircharger and mopar cai love em. didn't mean to cause you some pain. :cry: :happy:
No man.. not at all. In fact, THANK YOU - I owe you one, because I would have been really disappointed if it wasnt what I was expecting from a CAI... If I can ever help you out with something (my car knowledge is the definition of 'slim to none'), let me know...

This is why I love this place - You get HONEST opinions.. no salesmen, no BS. Just honest discussion and results... PLUS - everyone here is so mature compared to people on other boards. Thanks again - everyone!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the Aircharger is cheaper also...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts