Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is is worth switching to a drop in K&N air filter? My budget for mod's is pretty much zero, but I was wondering if this was one that was worth it because it is a low cost upgrade. I mean you have to change the filter anyways, right. CAI would be nice but isn't going to happen right now.

·
Registered
503 Posts
it was my first mod.. unfortunately it lasted only a few weeks and I hate to say it but I think mine was tossed into the trash.

IMHO if you think you'll catch the mod bug just go straight to a CAI... wait for the Airhammer HO feedback and save your dollars ;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
lol sorry for the misunderstanding... I meant that I replaced it with the AirAid CAI within weeks, not that it fell apart after weeks ;) it was in perfect shape last I saw it.. and in fact I probably put it into storage instead of tossing it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Has anyone on here bought or used the CAI kits being sold on ebay? They are in the 80 to 90 buck range and some have k&n filters. Both of the ones I am looking at run over to the stock airbox area and then run down into the fender area. Seems this would be close to the volant CAI. My friend has a daytona with a CAI from mopar but it has a open top box with a rubber gasket to isolate engine heat. I used to have a mustang and the CAI for it took the air in behind the fog lights. any input?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts