Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting this filter up for sale, which is in great shape; only 300 miles on it (approx)

I think it's a great filter since it did provide a noticeable increase in acceleration response. Zero complaints and if I didn't get a good deal on a Mopar CAI, I would've kept this item. I'm partial to meeting someone near Bayshore Long Island, NY because of my sale price (skipping shipping fee's).

15.00 even is a fair price (FIRM!) since this costs 40.00 at your local parts store.

FYI. I kept the box for you un-boxing folks.l0l, however it took on water (The Filter was in my car at the time)

If someone wants me to ship it via paypal, you eat the shipping, I eat paypal fee. Just Eat it! l0l.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Sup bro aint seen u in a while! Welcome back to the butthurt site lol
Great price, it is a steal!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Don't mean to troll you here but can I ask where you got a good deal on the Mopar CAI? I'm trying to justify the extra $150 for the Mopar vs the aFe....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't mean to troll you here but can I ask where you got a good deal on the Mopar CAI? I'm trying to justify the extra $150 for the Mopar vs the aFe....
Sup bro. Well, after calling several dealers, I was quoted 490.00 for the Mopar CAI and 100.00 install fee. I consider 419.00 shipped on Amazon a great deal. I'll install it myself. :) If your car is still under warranty, get the Mopar CAI. You'll save yourself headaches.:thumbup:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah I know it's not trolling in the true sense of the word, should have said hijack, as in not respond on topic. Either way thanks for the info. I didn't realize if you install mopar parts it's still covered under warranty? or it just won't void the warranty?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know it's not trolling in the true sense of the word, should have said hijack, as in not respond on topic. Either way thanks for the info. I didn't realize if you install mopar parts it's still covered under warranty? or it just won't void the warranty?
It's all good bro. A tech at Dodge said that if you have an Official Mopar perfirnance item that's tuned for your car, it will not void the warranty, unless you get into the cams and such.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hmm, so reverse engineering that comment if I put in a aFe intake that would, in fact, void my warranty.

·
Registered
916 Posts
My dealer gave me a loyalty bonus of $50 I can use and they have 10% off Mopar parts, so I can get it out the door for $383.80 right now. I think if I can do that and not void my warranty, vs saving $100 and voiding my warranty, that's worth spending the extra money.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm, so reverse engineering that comment if I put in a aFe intake that would, in fact, void my warranty.
Well. Some may say that it doesn't but let's re - tool this. Let's just say that you had an air sensor issue and you brought it into the dealer. If you had the aFe intake installed, They could very well void your claim because that aFe CAI Wasn't Designed Specifically BY Dodge/Mopar for your car. If you had the official Mopar branded CAI installed; the technician will nod his head with approval right away. It's really a matter of perception and branding along with actual testing done by Dodge/Mopar.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dealer gave me a loyalty bonus of $50 I can use and they have 10% off Mopar parts, so I can get it out the door for $383.80 right now. I think if I can do that and not void my warranty, vs saving $100 and voiding my warranty, that's worth spending the extra money.
ShazZaam!!! Excellent thought process bro. That's an even better deal and having an official Mopar item surely is the right way to go. I hope you ordered it before posting on this forum. l0l. Plz update us with a pic of it installed.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ahh so it might void warranty claims that are centered around the air intake system, but it wouldn't void a transmission claim, or a electrical system claim, stuff like that, right?

·
Registered
916 Posts
ShazZaam!!! Excellent thought process bro. That's an even better deal and having an official Mopar item surely is the right way to go. I hope you ordered it before posting on this forum. l0l. Plz update us with a pic of it installed.

LOL Shazzamm made me laugh. No reason to worry about posting it, the loyalty cash is specific to my name and my VIN so it's not like someone could steal the item from me at that price.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahh so it might void warranty claims that are centered around the air intake system, but it wouldn't void a transmission claim, or a electrical system claim, stuff like that, right?
I doubt that it would affect another component. I didn't get into detail. This reminds me to look at my current warranty in detail just for chits and giggles.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL Shazzamm made me laugh. No reason to worry about posting it, the loyalty cash is specific to my name and my VIN so it's not like someone could steal the item from me at that price.
Recieved the Mopar CAI intake today. Funny thing is...I knew UPS would arrive by 5pm so I removed the stock intake around 3pm. Lmfao. I plan on cleaning the engine bay as soon as spring feels like spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
It's never going to be spring, don't you understand it's NEVER GOING TO BE SPRING!

At least that's the way it feels, this winter sucks (said everyone....always)

Nice job on the install, I look forward to doing mine from what everyone says this is a cake walk of an install. Hows the sound?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yes. Sounds great at around 2000rpms+ to awesome when having to accelerate around an idiot at 4000rpms+ from a cruise level. Please note that when taking off the intake sensor, you must twist it counter clockwise (approx 1/4 turn) until it stops and then wiggle pulling it gently but confidently until it comes out. I also think there's a period to wait for the on board computer to adjust to the new CAI, Thus enhancing performance?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah I've heard about the break in period, nothing to worry about right away. Thanks for the advice on the sensor, I can't wait to get this done!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts