Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
5,724 Posts
You've really provided a lot for us to go off of.

· Premium Member
3,131 Posts
VAL:
If I were in your place, here is what I'd be thinking.

1. Was the other party insured, and are you wanting to put it back on the road, or?
2. If you don't intend to keep it, parting out usually nets a better price than selling it whole.
3. Assuming you would part it out, do you have a place to keep it, and are you willing to pull the needed parts?
4. For myself, I'd want no part of that situation.
5. Given the current auto market, you may be surprised at what the other parties insurance might offer up.
Remember though, they will always lowball you, maybe more than once.
Do some research to support the price you want them to pay for it. Be aware that these claims have been moving with all of the speed of a tortoise as of late. Supply chain, labor shortages, etc, are all still in the mix. The last company car my employer had repaired from fairly minor crash, took 3 months!

Don

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VAL:
If I were in your place, here is what I'd be thinking.

1. Was the other party insured, and are you wanting to put it back on the road, or?
2. If you don't intend to keep it, parting out usually nets a better price than selling it whole.
3. Assuming you would part it out, do you have a place to keep it, and are you willing to pull the needed parts?
4. For myself, I'd want no part of that situation.
5. Given the current auto market, you may be surprised at what the other parties insurance might offer up.
Remember though, they will always lowball you, maybe more than once.
Do some research to support the price you want them to pay for it. Be aware that these claims have been moving with all of the speed of a tortoise as of late. Supply chain, labor shortages, etc, are all still in the mix. The last company car my employer had repaired from fairly minor crash, took 3 months!

Don
Alright, thanks man. Insurance said they’re gonna total it. Plus after managing to get the hood open at the tow yard the supercharger was cracked and a the breather box was gone

· Registered
7,577 Posts
I would definitely deep six that car and not even try to buy it back and repair it or part it out. Fight for a good settlement and move on to another car.

· Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
2,372 Posts
There are few on here that want your steering wheel.

Seriously though, sorry about your car.

· Registered
40 Posts
Howdy Sorry about your car. If it's not too late have it towed to your house that way you have control and tow yards storage fees add up quickly and they will have a claim on it. That way now you can play hard ball with the insurance agencies, and get the best deal.

· Registered
7,577 Posts
Leave it in the yard, The insurance has to pay for storage and need your release. Use that as leverage.

· Registered
232 Posts
All your check needs to be is enough to buy a similar car in similar condition (miles, etc.)

OTOH, insurance deals with what is called "common value" which I see as some sort of average.

Look at what is available in your area and pick 2 or 3 vehicles that you feel are similar to your car. Cut a deal. Move on,

You are not obligated to exactly replace your car and insurance is absolutely not obligated to find your replacement, just pay you an amount which allows you to do so presumably based on what similar vehicles have sold for.

· Registered
5,724 Posts
100% contact an attorney.
For what?

It was an unfortunate auto accident and his car is a loss. He'll get a check for what the vehicle is worth.

What's the attorney for?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts