Alright, thanks man. Insurance said they’re gonna total it. Plus after managing to get the hood open at the tow yard the supercharger was cracked and a the breather box was goneVAL:
If I were in your place, here is what I'd be thinking.
1. Was the other party insured, and are you wanting to put it back on the road, or?
2. If you don't intend to keep it, parting out usually nets a better price than selling it whole.
3. Assuming you would part it out, do you have a place to keep it, and are you willing to pull the needed parts?
4. For myself, I'd want no part of that situation.
5. Given the current auto market, you may be surprised at what the other parties insurance might offer up.
Remember though, they will always lowball you, maybe more than once.
Do some research to support the price you want them to pay for it. Be aware that these claims have been moving with all of the speed of a tortoise as of late. Supply chain, labor shortages, etc, are all still in the mix. The last company car my employer had repaired from fairly minor crash, took 3 months!