Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Junkman's tips. After washing, rand a hose over the without a nozzle on it. By doing this, it actually removed a lot of the standing/beaded water. The leaf blower, got rid of a lot of water that gets trapped under the trim, headlight, tail lights etc... Then dried with a couple microfiber towels. This is the first time I dried it without using the "absorber/ chamois. It might be me, but it also looks a bit more shiner.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
That leaf blower idea is great! Im not sure I'd find one here though, but I never thought of it.

However, I wont dry her with anything but an absorber. Best thing ever created for drying IMO.

·
Registered
629 Posts
been using this method since i picked up my car and it GREATLY reduces the amount of wash induced swirls

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That leaf blower idea is great! Im not sure I'd find one here though, but I never thought of it.

However, I wont dry her with anything but an absorber. Best thing ever created for drying IMO.
After running the hose over the car and the leaf blower, there was hardly any water left on the car.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've used a chamois for years and I've been considering these microfiber towels instead. Is there a difference between the $20 fancy ones on the Internet and the $6 jobs at Wal-Mart?

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
The junkman says that if there is a tag sewn into the microfiber...it is crap and to not use it.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Using Junkman's tips. After washing, rand a hose over the without a nozzle on it. By doing this, it actually removed a lot of the standing/beaded water. The leaf blower, got rid of a lot of water that gets trapped under the trim, headlight, tail lights etc... Then dried with a couple microfiber towels. This is the first time I dried it without using the "absorber/ chamois. It might be me, but it also looks a bit more shiner.
It was probably you but you have definitely started down the right path. Did you use the two bucket method?

Here the exact one I use. You won't find a cheaper one that puts out this much air and the air gets warmer as you use it. Thus, it actually starts drying the car and not just pushing the water around. Compare this price to those $300 ones on the market which are way overpriced.

If you did my paint inspection using the flash of a camera shot directly into the paint, you would change a lot of what you do concerning your paint care. It always gets the attention of the car's owner when I show them this:

been using this method since i picked up my car and it GREATLY reduces the amount of wash induced swirls
You scholar! :bigthumb:

After running the hose over the car and the leaf blower, there was hardly any water left on the car.
EXACTLY!

I've used a chamois for years and I've been considering these microfiber towels instead. Is there a difference between the $20 fancy ones on the Internet and the $6 jobs at Wal-Mart?
DaBlackPearl is spittin' wisdom! Listen to the man!

The junkman says that if there is a tag sewn into the microfiber...it is crap and to not use it.
Night and day is the difference between these towels. Those crappy towels will scratch the hell out of your paint and then some. I had the paint to prove it until I fixed mine. Good advice man! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
EXACTLY!

Night and day is the difference between these towels. Those crappy towels will scratch the hell out of your paint and then some. I had the paint to prove it until I fixed mine. Good advice man! :bigthumb:

Thank you, I'm learning sir. I have seen some of your videos. :smile: Where do you recommend to get the best price on the good one's?

·
Registered
391 Posts

The tag makes a difference? That seems pretty arbitrary to me. If I take a pair of scissors to it, I've increased it's worth by $14.

What really is the difference between a good one and a bad one?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts

Thank you, I'm learning sir. I have seen some of your videos. :smile: Where do you recommend to get the best price on the good one's?
The only place that I have seen them cheap is at the car shows. Other than that, the prices all tend to be within some change of each other. That's why you should use my discount at the Adam's website and get them as cheap as possible!

The tag makes a difference? That seems pretty arbitrary to me. If I take a pair of scissors to it, I've increased it's worth by $14.

It's not the tag that makes the difference, it's the information that is on the tag that makes the difference! They usually say, "Made in China"! When you feel the difference between those crappy towels made in China compared to the towels that Adam's sells, you will instantly know what the difference is. Trust me, there is a major difference.

Why not do this. Take a picture of your paint as I did in the picture above. I can understand if you don't want to post it but look at what it looks like and then ask yourself, "Is this what I want my paint to look like?" I can bet the answer is no because you wouldn't be in here with us other detailing geeks if you didn't care. :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was probably you but you have definitely started down the right path. Did you use the two bucket method?

Here the exact one I use. You won't find a cheaper one that puts out this much air and the air gets warmer as you use it. Thus, it actually starts drying the car and not just pushing the water around. Compare this price to those $300 ones on the market which are way overpriced.
Yes, I used the two bucket method. I think I'm going to look into finding buckets with the grit guard. I've been reading every thing both you and DaBlackPearl are trying to teach everyone:bigthumb:

I used to laugh at my neighbor for using a leaf blower to dry his vehicles. I know see the method behind his madness.

How much does that weed eater blower weigh? I used mt Black and Decker gas blower, and it felt quite heavy going over the top of the car. I may have to look into this one.

Thanks for all the advice given here. Goes to say, you can teach an old dog new tricks:bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
.....with us other detailing geeks if you didn't care. :)
Hey! Who you calling a geek????

:jester: J/K please don't kill me with your awesome Marine fighting skills... The USAF doesn't teach any of that killin' folks stuff..... LOL!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Yes, I used the two bucket method. I think I'm going to look into finding buckets with the grit guard. I've been reading every thing both you and DaBlackPearl are trying to teach everyone:bigthumb:

I used to laugh at my neighbor for using a leaf blower to dry his vehicles. I know see the method behind his madness.

How much does that weed eater blower weigh? I used mt Black and Decker gas blower, and it felt quite heavy going over the top of the car. I may have to look into this one.

Thanks for all the advice given here. Goes to say, you can teach an old dog new tricks:bowdown::bowdown:
That thing is so light that I usually set it on my shoulder to do the top of the car. You can easily "one hand" it around. You can also just buy the Grit Guards by themselves and use your own buckets. You just have to find the right size buckets.

Hey! Who you calling a geek????

:jester: J/K please don't kill me with your awesome Marine fighting skills... The USAF doesn't teach any of that killin' folks stuff..... LOL!
You my little princess would be considered a "geekette"! :D

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Hmmm gunna go check out my towels in the morning now to see if they have tags haha

·
Registered
210 Posts
Anybody have hard warter and leave the spots.

It is so hard to hand wash here in Vegas the water drys so fast!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That thing is so light that I usually set it on my shoulder to do the top of the car. You can easily "one hand" it around. You can also just buy the Grit Guards by themselves and use your own buckets. You just have to find the right size buckets.
Thanks for the tip on the leaf blower. The only place around me that might have one is about 10 miles away. I ordered on online and it should be here in a couple weeks. Right around the time the cars will need another bath.

By the way, Has anyone here tried the vinyl protectant that Brian at BnD sells? I applied some to the tires after washing the Charger. Left the rubber with a nice clean natural look.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
good info :bigthumb:

EDIT: my wife actually just got this one for me... so i'll give my review next time I do my car

·
Registered
794 Posts

There's a HUGE difference. The crap you get at Autozone will ruin your paint. The blue polishing towels and white drying towels from Adam's are much softer, and better quality. You'll probably want to use them as bath towels because there super soft. The only thing I use the crappy towels for is scrubbing out the wheel wells.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts