Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my RT for an SRT8, man I am falling in love with this car. I am curious to find out how much $ other SRT8 owners are paying, I traded an 06 RT with no money down and I got a 2007 that the owner of the dealership use to drive that now has 9,000 miles on it. It basically has every option available except the center consule dvd unit and I am paying $717 a month for 84 months.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
welcome to the club!!! You won't regret it!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I just traded my RT for an SRT8, man I am falling in love with this car. I am curious to find out how much $ other SRT8 owners are paying, I traded an 06 RT with no money down and I got a 2007 that the owner of the dealership use to drive that now has 9,000 miles on it. It basically has every option available except the center consule dvd unit and I am paying $717 a month for 84 months.
I'm doing the math here and $717 x 84 months = $60,228 for your used SRT8. You just seriously got screwed unless you were way upside down in your R/T. Congrats on the new car but I would have at least shopped around. I'm paying $485 for 84 months on mine and it was brand new.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm doing the math here and $717 x 84 months = $60,228 for your used SRT8. You just seriously got screwed unless you were way upside down in your R/T. Congrats on the new car but I would have at least shopped around. I'm paying $485 for 84 months on mine and it was brand new.
Yeah, I was about 4,500 upside down on my RT and I gave a big $0000 as a down payment.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wait a minute here so that means your only paying 40,740 grand for you srt8?
You have to have given a huge down payment or traded something in for it.
What is your the percentage on your loan?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL wow he did get screwed...im only paying $525 a month on my brand new STR8 with all options including rear dvd and side air bags.
Mine has side air bags as well, 525 a month I had a higher car payment than that on my RT which was 550 for 66 months and I gave a $3,500 down payment on a 8% loan.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am pretty much paying 43,000 for the car but that is with the amount that I was upside down on with my previous car + the tax license and registration charges, the rest is interest charges which I calculate is about $2,000 a year. Obviously I am going to start putting some money so I can hopefully shave off 1 or 2 of interest.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am pretty much paying about 165 more a month and going from 5 years of car payments to 7, I can live with these numbers.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Yes, you are going to like graduating from the kindergarten to the big time.
Welcome to the dark side. Click that baby over into autostick and hold that
first gear. Then let it slam into second and take it up to about 80 mph.
Only do it safely, with nobody else around. These things are somewhat scary.
Sort of like lighting the afterburner, and hold on. RT's are great cars, but this
is better.:smile:

·
Registered
203 Posts
You got an SRT8, everything else is just details...........:)

But this thread hit home for me. I traided in my 06 Go ManGo Daytona for my 07 brand spankin new TorRed SRT8 at the end of June. I got what I believe is a killer price on my SRT8. It has everything execpt the rear DVD and side curtain airbags. I paid 36,300, sticker is 43,850. I was upside down by 2100 on my 06, put some money down and financed 35,000. I think its' the best deal I've heard of yet. There is always a catch right? I had to drive 1280 miles to get it. M'Lady was broke in right by the time I got home.

OK guys, sound like a killer deal to you?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You got an SRT8, everything else is just details...........:)

But this thread hit home for me. I traided in my 06 Go ManGo Daytona for my 07 brand spankin new TorRed SRT8 at the end of June. I got what I believe is a killer price on my SRT8. It has everything execpt the rear DVD and side curtain airbags. I paid 36,300, sticker is 43,850. I was upside down by 2100 on my 06, put some money down and financed 35,000. I think its' the best deal I've heard of yet. There is always a catch right? I had to drive 1280 miles to get it. M'Lady was broke in right by the time I got home.

OK guys, sound like a killer deal to you?
So you gave about 7,000 as down payment?
Same thing here my sticker price was 43,000 and it technically wasn't used because it was never sold in the first place, the onwer basicly slapped on some dealer license plates and drove it for a couple of thousand miles.

Frankly it dosen't matter to me if it has 500 or a 9,000 miles not a big difference to me. Did I mention that my RT had 24,500 miles on it when I traded it in.

Hey thats a great deal if you knocked off 5,000 from sticker price, so what are you monthly payments like and what term did you get?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cool, our RT's had the same mileage. Well, at least before I left home to go get the SRT8. ManGo had ~25800 on it when I got to the dealership.

SRT8 had 19 miles on her when I picked her up. But 9,000 or 19 they are still new to us SRT8's.

I put down 5,000 dollars. Financed for 72 months at 6.25 apr. Payments are 583 and some change. For a little road trip I got my SRT8 at payments I can live with. The closest a Texas dealership would come on price was 38,900 for one thats equipped just like mine, PLUS they were going to give me less for my trade in. I would have been over 4,000 upside down. Those put together put the Texas SRT8 out of my range.

So this crazy lady hopped in the Daytona for a little road trip and drove home an SRT8.
:D

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I got my srt8 with 7500 miles on it for 30,500 :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Congratulations guys on the "Upgrade" and welcome to the SRT8 family. For me, the equity I've gained with this car in "Smiles per Hour" is priceless. I can't even imagine how it would have been FOR ME to have settled for an RT or Daytona and secretly have been lusting and longing for an SRT8. That would have been torture.

This thread makes me glad that I held out to buy the RIGHT Charger FIRST!!! (I've been laughing at all those sale reps that snubbed their noses at me back in '05 when I told them that I wanted to wait until the SRT8s were available for order. Yeah, I laughed inside a little when I finally picked up my "Special Order" SRT8 back in Dec '05.

And pay no attention to what Kelly Blue Book and NADA says about our cars. Screw resale value: a meaningless figure for someone who doesn't plan to sell or trade his/her vehicle. I don't even see where these EXPERTS get their "guess-a-mations" from... new car dealers? Forget that!

(Besides, knowing what we know now, do you think anyone in 1972-1981 would sell his/her 1971 Hemi or 440 4-spd Cuda for "resale value"? I don't think so.)

Oh yeah, charger22DUB the way to tell if your car is brand new is by finding out it's "In Service Date". If the date and mileage your car had when you bought it matches it's "In Service Date", your car is technically BRAND NEW. And, your basic warranty should span from 9000 miles to 45000 miles. There's nothing wrong with that!!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts