Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 07 SRT8 Charger yesterday.... I had an R/T but no matter how much I tried... it was by no means the one I just bought... Say what you will, but the SRT8 is amazing... haven't had the pleasure of opening it up yet... still have 200 miles to go on the recommended break in period. So far no complaints... love every mintue behind the wheel...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
did you modify your r/t at all? and if so what did you do and how would you compare them? does the srt blow your mind? only because ive never had the pleasure of experiencing one :p

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade....I did the same thing a year and a half ago! No regrets...no comparison!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
....ditto.............then recently the SRT10...:)
Geezus Arfur Jr., I just noticed you have almost 8k in posts over here! I'm pretty sure you're no longer welcome hear since you traded in the Charger for the Viper truck! LOL

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Geezus Arfur Jr., I just noticed you have almost 8k in posts over here! I'm pretty sure you're no longer welcome hear since you traded in the Charger for the Viper truck! LOL
Heck, I wasnt welcome the first time I posted on this forum...just that everybody got used to it.....plus I always gave PACHARGER and 14umbra something to post about by trading so often.......charger Rt..then charger srt...then Ram SRT10 Reg Cab.....with a Ram SRT10 Quad Cab thrown in for a few months...:smoke:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Congrats Cancharger! I've had mine for a month and now that its broke in somewhat.... it plain hauls!!
Thanks TNcharger for buying more cars than me. You are my example when wife complains about my 3 cars in two years. You are my new hero!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did a few mods to my R/T, Bassani car back, mopar CAI, super chip, esp delete, 180 thermostat, 20 inch torqthurst wheeel's , functional hood scoop... but still it just doesn't feel the same as the SRT8... it's a completely different BUZZ.. I hooked....

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
So how much are you in the hole since you upgraded to the SRT8? What did they give you for your RT and how much did you still owe on it? What SRT8 did you get 06, 07 and how much was the ending selling price on it?

I recently went to a local dealership to test drive an SRT8 but honestly I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong you can obviously feel a power difference but I wasn't willing to, or better yet they weren't willing to work out a deal that I would be happy with. They were selling an 06 SRT8 charger with 15,000 miles and Navi for $35,000. They also wanted to give me $19,000for my RT (lol) so yeah we couldn't make a deal.

Frankly I think it's not worth the hassle and loss of money to change over to an SRT8 at least not the deal they were willing to give me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
So how much are you in the hole since you upgraded to the SRT8? What did they give you for your RT and how much did you still owe on it? What SRT8 did you get 06, 07 and how much was the ending selling price on it?

I recently went to a local dealership to test drive an SRT8 but honestly I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong you can obviously feel a power difference but I wasn't willing to, or better yet they weren't willing to work out a deal that I would be happy with. They were selling an 06 SRT8 charger with 15,000 miles and Navi for $35,000. They also wanted to give me $19,000for my RT (lol) so yeah we couldn't make a deal.

Frankly I think it's not worth the hassle and loss of money to change over to an SRT8 at least not the deal they were willing to give me.

Not sure about the SRT you test drove But...........I absolutely loved my RT before it got hit. But I had to spend about 4 G's to get it where I could love it and even then the SRT8 I have now blows it away. Except for the Zoomers and CAI my car is still stock and it makes a little brother out of my beloved RT. It's like the difference between "Mr Universe" Arnold and "Conan" Arnold. Conan Arnold was a badass but Mr Universe Arnold made him look puny. hahahaha

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome to the club of upgraders!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I upgraded like 2 1/2 months ago and I have had a smile on my face ever since!!! CONGRATS BROTHER!

·
Registered
63 Posts
congratulations!!!

If I had known my Daytona was only going to return me between 12 to 13mpg around town, as opposed to the 17 that was advertised, I would have sprung for a SRT8 for sure.

I havent test-drove a SRT8 and at this point in time, I really really dont want to. I know that I'll get hooked on it, and the upgrade will siphon more cash from me.

Way to go. Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the "Upgrade Club"! How dare you post about your new ride without including photos! What color did you get?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Not sure about the SRT you test drove But...........I absolutely loved my RT before it got hit. But I had to spend about 4 G's to get it where I could love it and even then the SRT8 I have now blows it away. Except for the Zoomers and CAI my car is still stock and it makes a little brother out of my beloved RT. It's like the difference between "Mr Universe" Arnold and "Conan" Arnold. Conan Arnold was a badass but Mr Universe Arnold made him look puny. hahahaha
Yeah but how much did this all cost you? Refering to my last post....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts