Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't get me wrong but that sxt is one hell of a v6 but nothing compares to the torque and v4 cruising versatility of the R/T. I mean i'm wasting about 1 or 2 gallons more and getting every where quicker and i also find myself getting stuck at red lights less often because i can catch the yellows without running the red, in the v6 i would spend a hell of a lot of time at the reds and that would slowly kill my l. This car is the Shyt and i cant wait for the predator and supercharger so that i can hang with the srt's then i wanna upgrade the suspension and the brakes and im gona have one badass sleeper. Im also praying for some higher gear ratios so we can get some neck snapping slap n go's goin on, hopefully they get the programing dialed in soon since i heard its not gonna be on the Predator tuner. I also hope somone cracks the supercharger codes or comes up with a predator setting to run 7 psi safely as if it came stock with a supercharger. But the first mod im doing is removing the suitcase muffler and leaving the resonators (but painting them black) since they were designed for v4 drone when the MDS kicks in.

Is anyone in here a v6 covert?? I don't think u can appreciate the torque on this beast until u drive a 2 ton v6 for 4 months. When i get the 6.4 challenger in 09 or 2010 i will probably feel the same way im feeling now but damn it feels good.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thats the best mod for the SXTs
congrats

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Hows this....

In 2004 I bought the new 2005 base 300 with the 2.7. It was a pig! Had it 1 week, then traded up to the 3.5 Limited. Lost 5k on the deal. Kept that for 17 months. The 3.5 was much better. Then the Charger came out... that was it. Had to have it, so I got the RT. Again lost 5k. The wife was pissed. With all that money lost I could have had the SRT today!!! Very happy with the HEMI!!! Its been 2 years now. But the Challenger is due out. Dont even go there She says!!

Congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade and welcome to the 5.7L club!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went 3.5 to the 6.1. Why waste that extra step.

Because the payments would of been too high and the 2g gass guzzler tax is a rip off on top of the 93 octane required and horrible gas millieage. I was sold on the MDS, so far i only get aroun 1 or 1.5 mpg less than the 3.5 and this thing hauls ass. For the 2g gas guzzler tax and the extra interest i would be paying id rather buy a cam package or supercharger and get her on steroids that way ill have a sleeper and surprise a few people.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Don't get me wrong but that sxt is one hell of a v6 but nothing compares to the torque and v4 cruising versatility of the R/T. I mean i'm wasting about 1 or 2 gallons more and getting every where quicker and i also find myself getting stuck at red lights less often because i can catch the yellows without running the red, in the v6 i would spend a hell of a lot of time at the reds and that would slowly kill my l. This car is the Shyt and i cant wait for the predator and supercharger so that i can hang with the srt's then i wanna upgrade the suspension and the brakes and im gona have one badass sleeper. Im also praying for some higher gear ratios so we can get some neck snapping slap n go's goin on, hopefully they get the programing dialed in soon since i heard its not gonna be on the Predator tuner. I also hope somone cracks the supercharger codes or comes up with a predator setting to run 7 psi safely as if it came stock with a supercharger. But the first mod im doing is removing the suitcase muffler and leaving the resonators (but painting them black) since they were designed for v4 drone when the MDS kicks in.

Is anyone in here a v6 covert?? I don't think u can appreciate the torque on this beast until u drive a 2 ton v6 for 4 months. When i get the 6.4 challenger in 09 or 2010 i will probably feel the same way im feeling now but damn it feels good.
Welcome to the other side of the fence.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Recent Convert. Had the SE 2.7 for about 2 months. Got into my new RT about two weeks ago. Your enthusiasm is well understood. The difference between the two is night and day. I couldn't be happier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.