Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ME and my family are o.k. and are in Dallas. We live in Lake Charles, LA just 2 miles east of the air port. Still unsure on status of house, but all family and all but just a couple of friends have been accounted for. Scott (AKA GODADDY) let me know if your o.k. and are here in DALLAS. It took us over 20 hrs straight driving (no stops) to go 200 miles. I can sit here and just write away but I will leave it short. My Family wants to thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Bryan

·
Registered
369 Posts
glad you're safe as well as you family and friends...houses can be replaced. Keep us updated,and you are in all of our prayers.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Billybob, If I'm not mistaken your a salesman too, right? Well I just herd from our PD that our dealership is standing but ALL light poles are gone and so are the signs. Cant get close enough to see if the building is bad though. They are not letting anyone go home until Mon. earliest. So I'll just have to wait. Yes, houses can be rebuilt, jobs too, but my family and friends cant.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Glad To Hear Everyones Is Ok Over Your Way....

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes Hemibates I am. I don't know how business was before this storm,but our month sucked!!!!! Once gas prices hit $3 it died off. One thing about our job is we can always find work somewhere...glad your family is safe.Let us know how you are doing.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey brian, i am in nashville, tn hiding man. it took us about 15 hours to get here...we left at 9pm and didn't mess around. we would have left sooner but i had to take care of business at fort polk that morning. i am at a total loss man. i have no idea what is going on in lake charles b/c the news is so focused on houston and galveston (from what everything i have seen, lake charles too the front on blow on the hardest side) but nothing really great on lake charles or cameron...i'll bet cameron is gone man! anyway, i have surgery in san anton...parents were coming with my wife to take me to surgery (they never stop worrying and i am 32) but i am not sure what we are going to do...i imagine it will be impossible to get to san anton with fuel issues and the massive traffic back into houston and galveston. parents got here tonight in nashville and then we are going to make a decision on whether to go to lake charles (if they let us)....this is the worst possible timing in the world. if we are without power for a few weeks i can't exactly go back to lc with my family after back surgery....just not sure dude! oh well, we are safe and sound and waiting. we keep checking www.kplctv.com. they have some depressing pics man if you want to take a look if you haven't already.

ok, well the charger is safe.....checked the dealership here today and no daytona...bastards.

keep in touch and let me know what your plans are man. take care

scott

·
Registered
263 Posts
GoDaddy said:
hey brian, i am in nashville, tn hiding man. it took us about 15 hours to get here...we left at 9pm and didn't mess around. we would have left sooner but i had to take care of business at fort polk that morning. i am at a total loss man. i have no idea what is going on in lake charles b/c the news is so focused on houston and galveston (from what everything i have seen, lake charles too the front on blow on the hardest side) but nothing really great on lake charles or cameron...i'll bet cameron is gone man! anyway, i have surgery in san anton...parents were coming with my wife to take me to surgery (they never stop worrying and i am 32) but i am not sure what we are going to do...i imagine it will be impossible to get to san anton with fuel issues and the massive traffic back into houston and galveston. parents got here tonight in nashville and then we are going to make a decision on whether to go to lake charles (if they let us)....this is the worst possible timing in the world. if we are without power for a few weeks i can't exactly go back to lc with my family after back surgery....just not sure dude! oh well, we are safe and sound and waiting. we keep checking www.kplctv.com. they have some depressing pics man if you want to take a look if you haven't already.

ok, well the charger is safe.....checked the dealership here today and no daytona...bastards.

keep in touch and let me know what your plans are man. take care

scott
Scott -

If you (and your family) need to hang somewhere for the time being, you are (and anyone else here for that fact) welcome to my stead. I have plenty of room here and plenty of driveway space :)

Seriously, I am in N.VA, but the offer is out there to you.

--Brian

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Hemibates/Godaddy, Thank God you're OK!!! if you need ANYTHING, call me 904-669-1900, and I'll take of it. Mike & Tracy

·
Registered
370 Posts
yes glad to hear both you and your families are ok.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hang in there guys, hopefully everything will turn out ok for your business and homes :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bryan, Scott,

Been watching the news and now that they can get in and it's light out, Lake Charles is a mess. The fact that all the fuel was used to leave and that there is no power to pump it at the gas stations even if there was some means getting back is a real problem right now. Can't run a generator even if you have one.
I've been in this situation here in s. florida and the longer you can stay away the better, I know thats tough advise.
Hang in there, and yes even this will pass.

Russ

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Scott, Man you are still going to go through w/the surgery in San Antonio? I thought for sure they would rescedule. O' well. My wife got up this morning and says she herd we cant go back for atleast a week. I havent been able to confirm this but if its true your surgery could be good for you. (keep you on the good stuff) you wont even know whats going on. Well as far as Lake Charles I have a Co-worker that was able to get ahold of the local sheriffs office and they told her (hear say) That Target has 4' of water in it. Prien lake park is under water. Corner of Lake st and Tank Farm is almost 4' under. (but the air port isnt :confused: ) so alot of hear say. anyhow stay in touch man my cell is 337-794-3114. Later man

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To everyone else, Thank you ALL for your support. I have NO idea what I am going to do. My whole Family including Brother in laws look towards me for support and ideas. If anyone lives close to Lake Charles and knows something PLEASE let me know. The TV keeps asying that Lake Charles/Port Arthur worst hit, but not much coverage, mostly Houston/Galveston. Thanks Agian ALL.

Bryan

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
thanks for all of the offers guys and kind words. they are greatly appreciated.

bryan,
i can't get in contact with anyone in vernon parish (ie. ft. polk) and in my opinion there is no way i can have back surgery - i need to be laid up for a month. i can't get a hold of my chain of command so i may just cancel and explain my situation and screw them if i shouldn't have done it...the way i look it is that i have no home right now, no place for my family, so how can i have a major surgery that would leave me useless to my family having all of these variables (ie no water, food, power - not to mention the fact that we have no idea what type of loss - if any - we have suffered through our house and valuables.)

that's what i keep saying though man - this is the worst timing in the world, well sort of, it could have been while i was laid up on my back and unable to help evacuate - so there is always good in bad.

on a side note - you will never believe what we did today. we decided to get out and head into nashville...we found a place called Cooter's museum and memorabilia....any bells ringing guys....so we get out of the car and there is dukes of hazard galore through the window and bam...there is Cooter himself...no sh*t!!!!....(ben johnson played the original Cooter on the tv series for those that don't know)...my wife and kids loved it.......soooooooo guess what i asked???? yup.....i did.....he took a picture with me and my family in front of the Cooter store with the 2006 Silver Steel Godaddy mobile!!!!! what great pics man.... bought some orange hemi shirts and hats and left with a ray of sunshine...until the remenants of rita hit here...oh well it was fun while it lasted!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey GODADDY any idea when you may go to asses (sp) the damage? Right now intersate is open but the parish is not. They wont let you exit off interstate in cal. parish. Maybe Tuesday it will be open. If so Me and my brother in law only are going with plenty of fuel to do so and then head back. If you cant let me know and how to get to your house and I will stop by and Loot all your stuff lol.. Come on man got to have some fun right? seriously though I will go look for you.
Later Bryan

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i have a friend checking on the house, hopefully they could get near it, but i live on s. tallowood...which is 2 roads south of country club road off of nelson road....does that make sense...bascially head south on nelson rd and the after hibernia bank...count two roads on the left and then we are the 3rd house on the right.

if i don't get info...i would really appreciate you swinging by...i am pretty cool with this...laid back and just waiting...no use really getting stressed just yet, my wife on the other hand is pretty stressed and wants to go right now....we are waiting on a variety of variables man and it is killing me not knowing how to deal with those variables (basically the only variable is the freaking army). oh well, so whatcha think about me, cooter and the car? cool huh?

back to rita......do you have a plan man? as far as financial goes - is dodge going to help you guys out or hell i don't know is anyone helping you guys out with money? i am fine with pay but the loss of pay from the wife is going to start hurting really soon. my mom and dad are offering to help out till we get on our feet...i wonder if the gov't is going to help us out in any way like katrina????? i guess i need to call directv huh? can't keep paying for nfl sunday ticket if i can't watch it....lol damn, this is crazy man.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
About your cooter experience....YOU SUCK!! You are supposed to be stuck infront of a tv just freaking out about all this, but noooo you have to go and have fun!! haha. Dude honestly I'm just gald to hear from you and other friends and family that o.k. One things for sure if I need a chearing up I'll just find you!!

About $$ yes Mr. Boniol bought protection Insurance for his employees for up to 3 months pay. Thats why I LOVE working for that man. He takes care of his employees. Now whats sad is that his home is gone!! He lives in Big Lake. Well i'm gonna check kplvtv.com to see whats happened today. Check with you later

·
Registered
185 Posts
I told you to go and be on vacation, forget about Rita....... and what do you do but have more fun than anyone else in the country....... Ya I agree with hemibates, you surely do Suck........ Damn

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
GoDaddy said:
as far as financial goes - is dodge going to help you guys out or hell i don't know is anyone helping you guys out with money?
Dodge should pay for your Charger GoDaddy. Your enthusiasm on this forum for the Charger has probably sold them 30 or 40 of them. Good luck to you and hemibates.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey GODADDY, MyGSM is going to try and get into Lake Charles Tom. To asses the damage. I told him about your address and he will try. If he succeeds and gets in but cant get to yours and mine. I will go Tues. I will keep in touch. By the way I heard from my GSM that not only are we going to get paid from Mr. Boniol but maybe some extra $$ from DCX. We'll see? Later

1 - 20 of 26 Posts