Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 SE didn't have exhaust tips when I bought it. The seller had no idea what happened to them. ??
Now, that I've added the color-matched spoiler and window tint, the looks of my car are lacking something. So, I'm searching for exhaust tips for my 3.6L V6. I found OEMs "ovals" (or whatever they're called), but they are stupid expensive. Admittedly, I'm looking for an inexpensive, temporary solution as I plan to upgrade the exhaust within the next year. I want just the tip, but am open to more ideas, if you have any. And, I would appreciate some guidance on length. I have seen 9"- 10" add-on tips and they look weird to me -- sticking out from under the valance.

TIA to anyone who can help!

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
It looks like you're missing the whole rear valance. I would at least get that. You can kind of cheap-out on tips if you want, but anything round will look awkward with the OEM rectangle cut out. It's unfortunate because yes the stock Mopar tips are very pricey.

Reactions: CharlieJ

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
You need the entire rear valance...once you have that you can try all kinds of tips- some pics of the various ones I had on my 2013 SE (Oval, Trapezoid, and 4" Round):

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like you're missing the whole rear valance. I would at least get that. You can kind of cheap-out on tips if you want, but anything round will look awkward with the OEM rectangle cut out. It's unfortunate because yes the stock Mopar tips are very pricey.
You need the entire rear valance...once you have that you can try all kinds of tips- some pics of the various ones I had on my 2013 SE (Oval, Trapezoid, and 4" Round):
Actually, the photo is misleading. The valance itself is there. I have not seen a Charger rear end without the tips, but I think one side is missing a bracket or something where the tip normally fits. But, the valance is actually there. Thanks for the other info!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you looked into salvage yards? You could probably score the entire rear valance and tips for the price of a single tip at the parts counter.
I have looked at the websites for a few salvage yards. None of them show parts for my year grouping (11-14). I need to call around a bit, though. Thanks for the "tip". ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts