Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG!!! Is all I can say. This car is a beast. I currently drive a 2003 EVO and was very impressed with the handling abilities of the Daytona. The power is amazing for the size and weight of the car. And I was very surprised how well the rear of the car stayed planted to the pavement (ESP ON w/salesman in car). I expected the car to understeer like a pig and because of the weight I expected to feel the body rolling from side to side in the corners. All I can say is the car exceeded my expectations by far.... Now I have to decide if I should wait for the SRT-8 or get the Daytona.. :confused:

Just wanted to share... I still can't stop thinking about it :rockon:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
FullyCharged said:
OMG!!! Is all I can say. This car is a beast. I currently drive a 2003 EVO and was very impressed with the handling abilities of the Daytona. The power is amazing for the size and weight of the car. And I was very surprised how well the rear of the car stayed planted to the pavement (ESP ON w/salesman in car). I expected the car to understeer like a pig and because of the weight I expected to feel the body rolling from side to side in the corners. All I can say is the car exceeded my expectations by far.... Now I have to decide if I should wait for the SRT-8 or get the Daytona.. :confused:

Just wanted to share... I still can't stop thinking about it :rockon:
Daytona/ SRT8....Potato/Pototo........Tomato/Tomoto..........can't go wrong either way my friend. We're just glad you're jonesing like the rest of us pal!! :) :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome to the club! :headbang:

If you can afford the SRT-8, the GGT, and all the extra gas it'll use up, then GO FOR IT! But you're in for a wait...

On the other hand, the Daytona is cheaper, has MDS, and you can get one right now :)

Either way, it's a kick azz car :rockon:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Get the Daytona............(less poeple to order srt-8 :whistle: )

they are both great cars, it just depends on how much money you have and how long do you want to wait. Dont expect an srt-8 until late Nov or Dec.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
ltdodge said:
Get the Daytona............(less poeple to order srt-8 :whistle: )

they are both great cars, it just depends on how much money you have and how long do you want to wait. Dont expect an srt-8 until late Nov or Dec.
Anyone else get the feeling that LT is just a little diabolical. hehe :happy: :whistle:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got back from driving one myself!
Fantastic ride, sounds great when you get on it. The seats are very comfortable.
The dealer had it under a car cover at his new dealership being built, and when he took it off the construction site stopped and all the workers were all over that car.

Beautiful.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
sweet pics.....

My vote.... go for the Daytona.... :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How ya like them apples? I do have to say The color is much better in person.. All the pictures I have seen on the internet seem to be more of an orange color than it really is. I love it!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey FullyCharged.... if you want to see the car ride REEEEALLLY well, try test driving it with the salesman in the trunk!

;-)

-Charger R/T - - wishing I had a Daytona or SRT8 - - - if you can deal with either color of the Daytona, go for it... personally, I could not do it... I'm in sales and need to take clients out in my car- - -was looking for somethign a bit mroe conservative...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the pics man! Sweet! Like you said though. All the pics on the web (the dodge site) shows it as more of a bright Hemi-Orange color like the General Lee or something.
I wonder what Top Banana Yellow is going to look like?

·
Registered
164 Posts
In the second pic that black Charger in the background looks like it has the Road/Track Performance Group. The blacked out wheel pockets are the giveaway

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I vote for you buying a 1987 Yugo Sport hatchback!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Seeing those pics makes me want mine even more. She rolled off the line at 2:30 wednesday afternoon. I didn't even get to work on it or see it for that matter but I know the folks I work with did an amazing job putting her together. Hopefully I will have her in a couple weeks. Will try to post my own pics when I do.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I seen the same car, obviously FullyCharged and I are from the Fredericksburg, Va area... JV your right the Black R/T w/R/T is sitting right there with it. The GoMango is listed at 37K plus change... I was more drawn to the Black R/T.... A real sleeper.... I particularly paid attention to the seats, the same in both. However, in the Black R/T the dark seats did not contrast well with the two tome doors IMHO... Yet, I have the light gray leather in my R/T so I am probably just used to it... Also, I could not get past the Orange Bezels in the Daytona... I have to swap them with silver to match the gauges... Loved both of them though....

It's funny I initially ordered a Daytona from Safford in late June, yet the Dealer told me it would not be in until Sept/Oct... Couldn't wait... Now there she sits... Someones going to get a really nice set of wheels...

FullyCharged... Better make a move on the Daytona soon... I actually contemplated trading my Blue R/T up with some cash and driving off the lot in the Black one... Yet I have too many plans for the blue and I love it besides... So I'm sticking with my sleeper... I will update you guys with new pics as I have done some nice upgrades...

P.S. Knocked off another Stang, same car twice this a.m. We ran it at a light in Chantilly, VA I was ahead by a few car lengths but we both got nailed by the next light... So we did it again, pulling no punches this time I turned off ESP and nailed it and the Stang too! He could not shift well it was obvious, we were together for the first 50 yards then I just shot way ahead, I could see his car jerk a bit, showing improper shift timing by the driver... It was an 03, 04 GT... Not the new one...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts