Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just smoked a mustang GT on the interstate. That punk didn't even know how to drive that thing. You sould of seen his face when I hit it and started pulling off from him. He started tring to find gears and I was zipping through traffic. I finally slowed down and he looked so pissed. That was great!:rockon:

·
Registered
280 Posts
ive got a black 2006 gt in my shop now thats all stock other than springs and i can tell you right now no v6 charger will run with a gt mustang. it gets headers,exhaust,chip,gears,clutch,intake,and a few dyno pulls this coming week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This dude didn't even expect me to run him. Just hit it quick through traffic. The look on his face was priceless.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like it was just clever driving and swerving throguh traffic not out right power. As much as I love me SXT...theres no way you could keep up with a mustang GT unless it had a flat tire or something.

·
Registered
334 Posts
gt's are slow... i'd have no problem with them in my cavi

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh it really was just good driveing. I know this guy, he just got the mustang and doesn't know what he's got yet. I was just toying with him. He has no driving skills. Heck yeh if it was just strait out and he knew how to drive I wouldn't even wast my gas. I had one and I know what they got. He doesn't. Just wanted to have the chance to say that I busted him. It really was priceless. Oh yeah it was a 07 5sp.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Yeh it really was just good driveing. I know this guy, he just got the mustang and doesn't know what he's got yet. I was just toying with him. He has no driving skills. Heck yeh if it was just strait out and he knew how to drive I wouldn't even wast my gas. I had one and I know what they got. He doesn't. Just wanted to have the chance to say that I busted him. It really was priceless. Oh yeah it was a 07 5sp.
He prolly had a manual, lol, and didn't know how to use it. Manual cars kick @ss!!
Either way, it's hard to believe you beat a newer GT. Must have been a lucky day!! Enjoy it, because you don't get those that often driving a V6; it is why I don't even pick fights with V8s.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
This dude didn't even expect me to run him.

Probably because he knew you have a V6 4,000-pound car that wouldnt really be able to keep up with his new Mustang GT ... I've driven a few and they're very quick ... quicker than Charger R/T anyway ...

So he probably didn't even try ..... just like I don't race V6 Mustangs ... what's the point ?

·
Registered
890 Posts

Awesome dude:drool:

The 2007 Mustan GT has a 4.6L V8 with 300 hp, and is 3483 pounds with a 0-60 rating of 5.6 seconds.

The 2007 Dodge Charger SXT 3.5L V6 has 250 hp, and weighs nearly 3800 pounds an is rated at 7.1 seconds for 0-60 (from the same source that provided the mustang #'s).

It is fun to smoke a 2007 Mustan GT, but the 2007 Mustan GT is faster than a Charger SE, or SXT. You smoked him because you are a better driver.

·
Registered
902 Posts
GTs are slow? Have you had the chance to drive one? They would spank an RT with no problem and with about 3k in mods would kill an srt with ease as well. Say what you will but I would love to have a Charger that even had the potential of being as bad as a GT. The 5.7 Hemi is plenty strong, they just didnt design the computer to allow near the power it should be putting down coupled with a limp [email protected] tranny and poor gears and that stupid esp, you have a car that is not only crippled from the start, but is also tryingt to run with its shoestrings tied together. Rest assured the Mustang GT is bad very bad.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
GTs are slow? Have you had the chance to drive one? They would spank an RT with no problem and with about 3k in mods would kill an srt with ease as well. Say what you will but I would love to have a Charger that even had the potential of being as bad as a GT. The 5.7 Hemi is plenty strong, they just didnt design the computer to allow near the power it should be putting down coupled with a limp [email protected] tranny and poor gears and that stupid esp, you have a car that is not only crippled from the start, but is also tryingt to run with its shoestrings tied together. Rest assured the Mustang GT is bad very bad.
I wouldn't say SPANK an R/T. It's pretty even. With a less experienced driver in the GT, the R/T would probably win. And I think the HEMI DOES have as much(if not more) potential than the GT, just as soon as we can unlock these dang codes. But the is all just my .02 so what do I know lol :grin:

·
Registered
358 Posts
#1. The mustang is like 260 @ the rear wheels. #2. It is 300 at the friggen crank. They are not that fast. #3. there gearing is not the best. the chargers gearing sucks donkey balls, this is why the chargers don't spank stangs more often. You add 400 or so pounds to a stang; or take 400 pounds off of even a v-6 charger and the stang would no longer be that quick. stock stank v.s stock r/t in the 1/4 mile, The stang won't wi n by much, automatic v.s automatic, R/T wins.

·
Registered
358 Posts
3.5 v.s 4.0 stang, that is more evenly matched, but our chargers are point blank, just heavy. 190 at the wheels v.s. 160-175 at the wheels. for the wieght of the charger they are not slow.

·
Registered
890 Posts
According to www.autos.com the 2007 Mustang GT is rated at 5.6 sec for 0-60, but the 2007 Dodge Charger R/T RWD is rated at 4.4 seconds. The Charger is a little heaver, but also has more hp to compensate. I would like to see a race on a track with 2 professional drivers. Generally the Mustang's formula is smaller lighter, and a high tech small block V8, where as the Charger is bigger and heavier and has an automatic transmission, but based on the numbers I see, the R/T is faster than the GT. Not to say either is slow.

I think they should put the stroked 427 hemi in the SRT, and bring back the 460 for the GT, and combine the old school "No replacement for cubic displacement" with modern state of the art electronics and see what the 2 cars can do with 800+ hp. What about 1000 hp AWD? Then the after market can work on forced induction and NOS.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
According to www.autos.com the 2007 Mustang GT is rated at 5.6 sec for 0-60, but the 2007 Dodge Charger R/T RWD is rated at 4.4 seconds. The Charger is a little heaver, but also has more hp to compensate. I would like to see a race on a track with 2 professional drivers. Generally the Mustang's formula is smaller lighter, and a high tech small block V8, where as the Charger is bigger and heavier and has an automatic transmission, but based on the numbers I see, the R/T is faster than the GT. Not to say either is slow.

I think they should put the stroked 427 hemi in the SRT, and bring back the 460 for the GT, and combine the old school "No replacement for cubic displacement" with modern state of the art electronics and see what the 2 cars can do with 800+ hp. What about 1000 hp AWD? Then the after market can work on forced induction and NOS.
I just checked your source and it says 4.7 seconds. This isn't a good website for accelerations numbers. The R/T is around 5.6-6.0 by most car mags. The SXT is 7.3-8.2 seconds.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

In real life, the automatic Mustang GT tends to be quicker than the 5-speed, because it eliminates poor driving skills (to a point) ... the 5-speed GT's I've driven have all been kinda hard to launch without wheelspin which robs acceleration times

And I don't know what Charger R/T they tested in the website you talk about .. no stock R/T has ever done 4.4 seconds, not even a stock ST8 hasn't been publicized as being faster that 5 seconds to 60.

The 05+ Mustang GT on the other hand, has been repeatedly advertised in mags like Car And Driver, Motor Trend, Road & Track, Automobile, and it's usually tested at 5.0-5.3 sec to 60, and an early convertible auto has done it in 4.9, factory-stock.

The RWD Charger R/T tests I've read, have all been in the 5.6-6.2 range ...

1/4 mile times also show stock Charger R/T's to be slower than stock Mustang GT's ... R/T usually shown at mid 14's, GT's usually 13.6-13.9 range

·
Registered
890 Posts
I just checked your source and it says 4.7 seconds. This isn't a good website for accelerations numbers. The R/T is around 5.6-6.0 by most car mags. The SXT is 7.3-8.2 seconds.
I am looking at the 2007 cars, they rate the 2006 Charger R/T at 4.7, but the 2007 Charger R/T is 4.4, that is the difference.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts