Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Tom from American Racing Headers,Nick has asked me to take over the internet side of the buisness. He will still be on from time to time but I will try to be on at least once a day to help out any way I can. I'm here to help with tech questions,order inquiries,price quotes or anything else you wanna throw at me.Feel free to PM me or email me. I look foward to getting to know some of the people on the board.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
welcome nice to meet you!! interested in same answers as above!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Hi everybody all questions were answered in PM's
Why were these questions answered in pms? I would also like to know if headers are available for the 5.7...I didn`t see it on your web page.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Yes we have headers for the 5.7's the reason for the pm's was pricing sorry for the confusion

What do you offer for headers for the AWD 5.7 Charger ?

And coatings / pricing ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you offer for headers for the AWD 5.7 Charger ?

And coatings / pricing ?

We have a 1-3/4 system and a 1-7/8's system that can be ordered with or without cats. For the latest deals give us a call in the shop or pm me a number and a time to call and we'll call you.

As far as coatings go this was posted on another board by Nick(owner/project mgr.)

Guys, Contrary to what's been said on this forum I'd like to take a moment to clear the air. I posted this on another thread but it bares repeating.
There's absolutely no reason to coat ARH headers. Can we do it? Yes. Have we done it and continue to do it? Of course. Is it necessary? No. While it may be necessary to coat certain materials for corrosion resistance, for some it's done because their trying to cover up something that isn't stainless. Believe me, this happens quite often. In our industry we call it "cutting corners".

Stainless by design holds the heat in extremely well. We've sold thousands of headers to date and we've never had a single heat related problem. When we use coatings it's usually for high boost turbo or blown applications where heat can reach levels far beyond what any street driven vehicle can produce. In those applications we use Swain Tech header coatings as they are by far the very best for extreme conditions. The only other circumstances that demands coatings is on the rare occasion we custom build something using mild steel. One thing that separates us from other header manufacturers is that we leave no stone unturned. We use the highest grade U.S. made 304 S/S for 2 reasons. 1. because it's extremely durable. 2. because coatings are unnecessary.
Ask yourselves this, when was the last time you looked under the hood of any exotic sportscar with factory tubular headers and saw coatings used? I rest my case.

Nick

PS. Happy New Year to all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts