Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mopar cai from moparsupercenter! 267 shipped! should be getting it in 1 to 5 buiessness days!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
oh man you are doomed now. Moditis will set in. You probably will order 3 more mods waiting for this one to get to your house, because you will be so excited and so anxious to do this one that you can't stop. Nect thing you know your credit cards are maxed, Heidi is coming out to your place to install Billet pieces for you to try, and Josh from HHP has your cell phone on speed dial.
But dont say I didnt warn you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol na.. ill take my time with mods dont wanna go bankrupt! im only 19! lol i wanna only do mods that will not void my warranty any ideas? dont wanna void that lifetime powertrain warr.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
idk the guy that sold the car said anything above the cat will void my warranty thats why im looking for a catback system :(

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
thats a load of crap.
you ought to go into your dealership one day and talk to the service manager and see exactly how he feels about it.

the guy who actually did the selling has no idea what hes talking about.

some dealerships will actually do these mods for you, most only if they are mopar. some will do any aftermarket brand.

theres even one VERY friendly dealership out in cali selling a charger with a GSM supercharger on it. and willing to look the other way and fix your car under warranty if anything malfunctions. theres a post somewhere on here about it hehe.

some dealerships will be lame, some are VERY cool. best advice is to get in touch with the service manager. technically they cannot legally void your warranty unless they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that your aftermarket part was the direct cause of whatever is malfunctioning.

basically if u got headers, of course they wont fix em, but if they cant prove that your headers caused your coolant pump to go out (lol, not possible?) then they still have to fix it.

aside from that.
diablo predator is without a doubt the best bang for you buck performance wise.(20-25 hp+++ the more mods you have)
sound wise is catback + intake(so your on the right path. and together these will give you... 7-15 hp to the wheels id estimate depending on the systems/intake.)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dudeiwin!
thnx for that explanation!.. your the shieet! lol haha..ya dude i have to do that it kills me not being able to do anything to my charger! i mean cmon its a hemi! there ment for performance! lol what excacly is a diablo?

·
Registered
805 Posts
That was also my first mod, but now I just ordered the diablo predator last week. What's next?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the diablo is a handheld tuning device.

it comes with "tunes" that are built into it, so you can basically just plug it into your cars computer(via a little connector under your dash, easy to reach, no removing of anythign necessary, basically up under your steering wheel)

it tweaks up your air/fuel ratios and engine timing. as well as break into the cars brain to remove a little bit of the "torque management" so that the car doesnt TRY to slow you down so much. amongst a lot of other things
such as the ability to set the temps at which your fans being to cool your engine and a plethora of other things.

basically out of the box it can add 20 hp to your car if its stock. even more if you have a cai and other bolt on mods. when you start getting to stuff like cams is when it really shines.

definately the best horsepower gains for the money. and if you take your car into service. you just reset your car to the "stock" tunes. and the service guys cant tell that youve ever used a tuner.

(ok so they can if they spend 20 minutes TRYING to find out.) but its the techs. they dont have huge salaries. and their income depends on their ability to get one car out, and the next one in. 49 out of 50 techs dont even know the first place to look to see if you used a tuner. and the 1 that does, is a guy who knows about performance cars and doesnt care. basically to find this info out, they have to plug your car into a computer and search for a specific code.

not gonna happen tho ;)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
my mopar cai from moparsupercenter! 267 shipped! should be getting it in 1 to 5 buiessness days!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

You're now forever doomed to mod.

Congrats on the purchase, you'll like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts