Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone from a noobie! :wink:

I JUST ordered my Charger Daytona tonight! The only options I got were the Sound Group II, Convience Group, Protection group and Sirius Radio!

I`m hoping to pick her up around Mid Sept!

I managed to get my car for $540 UNDER MSRP! I was told by the dealer that these cars will command a $3,000-$4,000 price OVER MSRP on the showroom floor for the first few months! GLAD I ordered here in advance! :tongue:

TAKE CARE!,

Mike AZCHARGER

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Another AZ Daytona in our realm.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the forum!
Considering the fact that a dealer near me is charging 10K over sticker for a Daytona, I think you did all right. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrads. Im hoping to get my Daytona this week. The only thing that might/will hold your car up is the protection group. That has been on hold and off hold since June. Last i heard is its back on hold... someone actually went from BX back to BG. If thats the case it could be a while.

edward

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
yeah, my order with the protection group went from BX to BG... meanwhile my order without the protection group, is scheduled to be built in 2 weeks...

I am also in AZ, and my first order with the protection group was ordered June 21th, and my order without the protection group was ordered July 1st...

if you ordered yours with the protection group and the order was just done yesterday (well actually when you placed the order with the dealer, and the dealer places the order with DCX can be 2 totally different dates).... looking at the wait I have had... I would not expect to see it built until Sept, or Oct, then figure in delivery time...
Do you have a VON number from your dealer? (VON= Vehicle Order Number)
also, what dealer did you go to?

·
Registered
245 Posts
True, I ordered mine 7 weeks ago, still no est. ship date. I have had a vin for over 2 weeks and my est. build date is somewhere in the first part of Aug. I think the dealer told you AZCHARGER exactly what you wanted to hear.

Sorry!!!!!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also, what dealer did you go to?
I got my car at Tempe Dodge. I figured that $540 OFF MSRP wasn`t too bad?

·
Registered
253 Posts
yes be prepared to wait. ordered my daytona july 7th had vin for 2 wks and my rep says it may be here end aug early sept. hopefully, and no I do not have protection group. By the way I am a salesman at dodge and have sold 4 R/T's and every customer was asking me "Can i get it at sticker?" We do NOT charge over MSRP for anything. So if you have any questions I may or may not be able to help, but Ill try, bryan

·
Registered
245 Posts
I dont see how you are getting it that soon? I ordered mine 3 1/2 weeks before you did and I still dont have a firm build date. The only options I added are SGII, and EC gp. What gives, I am in CO. does that make a diff on when they build your car and ship it?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered mine 3 1/2 weeks before you did and I still dont have a firm build date
I`m guessing thats because they are just starting the complete build process on the Daytonas??

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my VON today! I`M SO EXCITED! :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just called DCX and my Daytona is in JS status (being inspected)...scheduled to ship tomorrow...then again, it was supposed to ship 5 days ago. I live about 3-4 hours away from the plant, too. So maybe it'll only take a couple days to get to m dealer.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How friggin' long does that take? I NEED my car!! :)

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Imagine getting number 1966/4000?

LOL!

·
Registered
630 Posts
JS means "Shipped to Storage". Have heard this is usually the status of a car which is waiting for its ride on the rail (or truck). Most likely waiting for enough cars going in your direction to fill the rail car before they actually load. Your car should be all done and ready to head in your direction.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well lets see, mine is supposed to ship this week but be assembled the week of Aug. 15th, so I guess they are sending me the "do it yourself pkg" Chrysler offers. :whistle:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Does anyone know if you can pick up your car at the plant?

Potsie

·
Registered
630 Posts
I doubt it. Only a guess though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts