Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my custom gauge cluster from RedFox Racing. It will look something like this...

...except it will say HEMI on the left side instead of 392, and it will be in KM.

:rocker:

Merry Christmas to ME. :D

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Nice. Got mine in the mail yesterday. Hopefully I can get it installed in the next few weeks. You gonna paint your barrells black?

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. Got mine in the mail yesterday. Hopefully I can get it installed in the next few weeks. You gonna paint your barrells black?
I might. We shall see how ambitious I am.

I want to paint all the silver bezels with that red paint that makes it look like anodized aluminum, so that might be a good time to do the barrels too.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I was gonna say - you got a 392?????? :D

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I might. We shall see how ambitious I am.

I want to paint all the silver bezels with that red paint that makes it look like anodized aluminum, so that might be a good time to do the barrels too.

-=FLEX=-
My gauge rings and steering wheel inserts are painted black so I just about have to paint the barrells black too.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Crazy Luck you have just sold me on needle and barrell painting.. What kinda paint did you use and what kinda tips you have to pass down to us oh wise one.

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Crazy Luck you have just sold me on needle and barrell painting.. What kinda paint did you use and what kinda tips you have to pass down to us oh wise one.

I just used Krylon rattle can paint (semi gloss black). Take your time taping the orange part of the needle off to get clean lines, then use a sharp razor to cut the paint around the tape when you remove it (I didn't and I need to repaint one of mine because it looks like crap).

The barrels will require the clear cover to be removed - it's just glued on and seperates relatively easily if you use a hair dryer around the edges (heat gun would get way too hot too fast) and then you would simply hotglue or silicone it back on after you paint it. (I left mine off - been off about a year and no issues)

I used 3M scotch pads to scuff the surfaces up for added bonding with the primer, several thin coats of primer and several thin coats of paint.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I just used Krylon rattle can paint (semi gloss black). Take your time taping the orange part of the needle off to get clean lines, then use a sharp razor to cut the paint around the tape when you remove it (I didn't and I need to repaint one of mine because it looks like crap).

The barrels will require the clear cover to be removed - it's just glued on and seperates relatively easily if you use a hair dryer around the edges (heat gun would get way too hot too fast) and then you would simply hotglue or silicone it back on after you paint it. (I left mine off - been off about a year and no issues)

I used 3M scotch pads to scuff the surfaces up for added bonding with the primer, several thin coats of primer and several thin coats of paint.
Cool. Sounds like I will brake the clear plastic piece for sure hahaha

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
You shouldn't break it as it is relatively strong material and as long as the glue has a little heat to it (and I mean a little, otherwise you could start to distort the clear plastic) it comes right off - it took me about 3 minutes to get the clear part off.
Well that makes me feel a little better. Hopefully get this dont next weekend.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Its gonna look sick Jim! Congrats! I need to start modding again, ive been slacking

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sweet jim!!!! gotta get me one of those!!

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice mod flex
Thanks bud. :)

Its gonna look sick Jim! Congrats! I need to start modding again, ive been slacking
Thanks Kev. Get'er done! :D

That looks really nice! How much did it run you?
I'm not sure. LOL. Since when is money an object when it comes to modding? I just ordered the thing. But I think somewhere around $215?

Sweet jim!!!! gotta get me one of those!!
Thanks Vic. Good to see you posting over here again.

Time to update your sig, brother. :rolleyes2:

-=FLEX=-

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 32 Posts