Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally convinced my wife I really needed a Hemi! I ordered a 08 R/T last Saturday and I can't wait. I figured it was a good time to join the Forum after lurking on the posts for the last couple of months.

The dealer and I had a heck of a time figuring out the 08 options for the R/T since the Dodge website is less than complete and Chrysler hasn't sent out the 08 brochures yet. After working with the dealer and his DealerConnect website I settled on an Inferno Red R/T with the 29 "P" option package even though the Dodge website doesn't show it yet. I'll keep you posted if I run into any problems.

Now that I have joined it is "hurry up and wait"!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a steel blue r/t AWD 29P on order also build date is 9/27 but was at dealer today might let the manager a friend of mine keep that one for his demo and order a dark titanium one same options have to go look at the color on thurs but the 29P option is on hold until next month for the awd at least we looked it up just means they filled the orders for this month so should not be a long delay cant wait either

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is that the electronic convenience package? I noticed it is on the magnum but not on the charger (website speaking), because it is on the dealerconnect (I have some similar thing for employees)

·
Registered
158 Posts
According to cars.com:

Quick Order Package 29P w/Popular Equipment Pkg $1,475 $1,357

* Radio: AM/FM 6 CD/DVD/MP3 w/SIRIUS Satellite
* Illuminated Front & Rear Map Pockets
* Illuminated Front Cupholders
* Instrument Cluster w/Display Screen
* Remote Start System
* Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
* Temperature & Compass Gauge
* Traveler/Mini Trip Computer
* Universal Garage Door Opener
* Vehicle Information Center

·
Registered
723 Posts
What?!! No pics of your papers? No computer screen shots of your order???

Com'on you know that you have to post pics, even if you dont have the car, yet!

Seriously, congrats. I was gonna order an 08, and probably would have had it by late Oct. buuuuuuut, being on here. I couldnt wait. So I ended up with my 07, R/T.

I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Quick, change your order and get the "R" package. This is the Road & Track package. You'll love it! :grin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 29P package is the Popular Equipment Group (the AJY package) plus 18" chrome clad wheels. It looks like a combination of a couple of packages from last year and is the ONLY popular upgrade package for the base R/T right now since you can't order the AJY package unless you upgrafe the base to the 29R (performance) package or the 29V (Daytona) package. It is frustrating because the 29P option is ~$2,000 MSRP increase and is the only way I could figure out how to get a base 08 R/T upgraded with the steering wheel mounted audio controls, temperature and compass gauge, trip computer, and vehicle information center which are the options I really wanted plus a bunch of other stuff. I would have loved to get the 29R package but I would then need to add the AJY package (about ~$1,500 MSRP) to get what I wanted and that cost just is too much for me (I had a hard enough time convincing the wife on the need for a Hemi). I stayed away from the HID headlights since it is the first year for this option and my car will be early in the production run. Based on my previous experiences with Chrysler, it will probably take them to 09 to get it just right. Don't get me wrong, I love Chrysler. My dad worked there for years and I have never really driven anything else but I have learned my lessons with them.

I checked with Chrysler and it is in "BG" status which I was praying stood for "Built and Gone" but it looks like it means that it can be built but has not yet been scheduled. I'm not surprised based on the lack of info that Chrysler has put out thus far and I have heard that have some issues with suppliers right now. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats!! I have an 08 on order since july!! Mine is being built 9/27 and should be here soon. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Tennessee. You're gonna' love the R/T!

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I finally convinced my wife I really needed a Hemi! I ordered a 08 R/T last Saturday and I can't wait.

Congrats. This will be the worst part now: The waiting. :knockout:

I didn't order mine. I just went to the dealer and told them what I wanted and they did a search. It took about 10 days to find the car I wanted, and that 10 days was the worst for me. I was going crazy. The anticipation almost killed me.

Post some pics when ya get it. :)

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, OK. I know that I failed to keep everyone updated but I finally brought my baby home on 1 Nov. Here is the chronology of the order:

26 Sep - BG status
2 Oct - BX status
10 Oct - D1 status
16 Oct - D1 status
19 Oct - KZ status
26 Oct - KZL status
30 Oct - arrived at dealer

I've attached some pictures.

It is an 08 R/T with the 29P "Popular Equipment Group" option which included the chrome clad wheels and is the Inferno Red paint.:grin:

If anyone has any question, let me know and I promise to get back to you quicker than before!

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congo-Rats!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I finally convinced my wife I really needed a Hemi! I ordered a 08 R/T last Saturday and I can't wait. I figured it was a good time to join the Forum after lurking on the posts for the last couple of months.

The dealer and I had a heck of a time figuring out the 08 options for the R/T since the Dodge website is less than complete and Chrysler hasn't sent out the 08 brochures yet. After working with the dealer and his DealerConnect website I settled on an Inferno Red R/T with the 29 "P" option package even though the Dodge website doesn't show it yet. I'll keep you posted if I run into any problems.

Awesome choice, however, you didn't want to splurge on an SRT8? I think there's probably quite a few '07s sitting on lots.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts