Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, on friday, i will have my new Pioneer AVIC-Z2 and will be installing it friday night or saturday. I also got the bluetooth adaptor. My question is, does any one have this radio installed in their charger and if so did you do the bypass update. also any photos of the radio installed would be great. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
907 Posts
you can find any information you need on the avic411.com website.

the bypass is over there. and yes there are a few people here with the Z2. I think geekgirl has the Z2 and if you find a post of hers or her husband which is feros. you can find a link which has pics..

hopes this helps.. i have a D3 and love it. I also have the bypass. you will love your Z2.

Wanna trade.... J/k

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pioneer AVIC-Z2

Crutchfield says this will not fit a 2006 charger. How did you make it fit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do not have it yet nor do i habe a 06, i have a 07. i do not trust Crutchfield.
my local installer at tweeter says it will work. i had to get a few extra parts.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
crutchfield is retarded. check around on our forums or others, its been done many times.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have tried a search on a few sites and i cant anything. I am not worried bout it fitting, thats why god made power tools.

·
Registered
907 Posts
the reason they tell you it doesn't fit is due to the different bezel. It doesn't take into consideration that you can buy a different bezel..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very nice system, make sure you order the canbus pieces you need, i think sound security could help you on that, i forget which ones they are. The bypass is really easy just follow the instructions on avic411.com

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Ummmm.....Ok I am so going to buy that with the new speaker system I am going to buy, I love my Mopar Navigation and all but that's 10X better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice system, make sure you order the canbus pieces you need, i think sound security could help you on that, i forget which ones they are. The bypass is really easy just follow the instructions on avic411.com

I have the SWI-PS... that should be all i need for the unit.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I guess everybody buying this AVIC-Z2. I bought one for my charger couple days ago. I work at best buy and we got a GREAT deal on them. but now i need a Silver Navigation bezel for it. Where can i order one ? anybody?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Visit your local Dodge dealers Parts Dept........

Navigaton Bezel (Silver) Dodge part # 1CB331ZBAA MSRP $81.60 :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I Installed The Avic D-3 And Wish I Paid The Extra 100 Bucks For The Kenwood Version. You Have To Load The Cd In For Navigation On The Avic And Purchase The Remote, Mp3 Hook Up. The Kenwood Model Has A Full 7 In Screen And 2mg Of Memory. The Map Is Already Saved In So The Kids Can Watch A Movie While The Navigation Tells You When To Turn. Other Than That I Love The Avic

·
Registered
907 Posts
I Installed The Avic D-3 And Wish I Paid The Extra 100 Bucks For The Kenwood Version. You Have To Load The Cd In For Navigation On The Avic And Purchase The Remote, Mp3 Hook Up. The Kenwood Model Has A Full 7 In Screen And 2mg Of Memory. The Map Is Already Saved In So The Kids Can Watch A Movie While The Navigation Tells You When To Turn. Other Than That I Love The Avic

your right in regards to the putting the map disc in and out. .however... once you put in a destination prior to leaving the house if it is a trip with the kids... you can put in your destination and then eject the disc and the memory navigation mode with take you there... To solve the 2 gig of memory you can always buy an ipod and bang..

I am in the "slow" process of putting an x-box in my car with 400 GB of memory.. That way you never have to worry about a movie or songs or a video game... i will have TONS already saved onto it.. so i will never have to eject the disc if i don't want to.

An 80 or 160 GB Ipod Will almost do the same thing and be alot easier to install. You can fit quite a few movies and songs on one of those. easly 8-9 for the kids- 8-9 for the adults plus a few thousand songs.

I hope this helps some that can't get over the "bump" of not having internal memory.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I guess everybody buying this AVIC-Z2. I bought one for my charger couple days ago. I work at best buy and we got a GREAT deal on them. but now i need a Silver Navigation bezel for it. Where can i order one ? anybody?
Haha, I used to work there too and I bought one for my brother right before I quit. The mark up on those is ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts