Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here are the pics. Install has about 15 miles on it so I guess they'll settle a little more. I was able to notice the front drop instantly. However the rear not so much yet. I know with the pro kit the rear is supposed to be a little higher which I am cool with. Anyways here she it..

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you have the Road and Track R/T, you need to swap out the rear shocks. They are self-leveling (nivomat). That could explain why the drop isn't that low in the rear.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have the Road and Track R/T, you need to swap out the rear shocks. They are self-leveling (nivomat). That could explain why the drop isn't that low in the rear.

Yes, I have the Road and Track... So I need to buy new shocks for it to drop lower?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Well here are the pics. Install has about 15 miles on it so I guess they'll settle a little more. I was able to notice the front drop instantly. However the rear not so much yet. I know with the pro kit the rear is supposed to be a little higher which I am cool with. Anyways here she it..

It looks real good brother....wait till they set in a lil then it will drop a lil bit more then you'll really notice btw did i say it looks reallly good:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, I have the Road and Track... So I need to buy new shocks for it to drop lower?
Unfortunately, yes. You need to buy some aftermarket shocks or some base R/T ones. Many advise to go the aftermarket route. Eibach makes some as well as many other companies.

Nivomat are circled in white. The regular shocks are circled in black.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, yes. You need to buy some aftermarket shocks or some base R/T ones. Many advise to go the aftermarket route. Eibach makes some as well as many other companies.

Nivomat are circled in white. The regular shocks are circled in black.

Crappy pic I just took but it's confirmed I have nivomats :(

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
The self leveling wont let them drop....

Front looks sweet

Here is a look front and back dropped

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
IMO If you can....go with there pro dampers, thats what I am going to soon.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Rub it in why don't ya lol j/k looks great!!

My local auto parts sells monroe rear shocks for $42.99 each is it a good grab?
You can get them on eBay for about $75 shipped, so to get it local... I'd say it is a good deal. I am not going to replace my shocks when I lower it. People will say don't replace your shocks with "factory" type shocks because it will cause them to blow out faster. Some don't have problems at all, but for $86 its worth the try.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can get them on eBay for about $75 shipped, so to get it local... I'd say it is a good deal. I am not going to replace my shocks when I lower it. People will say don't replace your shocks with "factory" type shocks because it will cause them to blow out faster. Some don't have problems at all, but for $86 its worth the try.
Well in my case I need to replace the rear shocks since I have the nivomat shocks and prohibit my car from showing signs of the rear being lowered. I can however leave it as is but then what's the point of putting lowering springs to keep it at stock height...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah, you need to go aftermarket... but some say you need to get shocks specifically for lowered Chargers, which they make. The Monroe's are just factory type aftermarket shocks. They aren't specifically for lowered Chargers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yeah, you need to go aftermarket... but some say you need to get shocks specifically for lowered Chargers, which they make. The Monroe's are just factory type aftermarket shocks. They aren't specifically for lowered Chargers.
Correct but imho I really don't put many miles on the car and the roads here are pretty much bump / pothole free so I think for a $85 investment it's worth a try. My question is, when I replace these new shocks for the nivomats do I need to use like my oem boot which has the 2 holes for it to be bolted onto the car or do the new ones already come with that?

For instance, this monroe shock doesn't appear to have the top boot, does it come with it or do aftermarket shocks meant as replacement for our vehicles bring it or do you use the factory one?

·
Registered
336 Posts
You use the factory ones. Some change those also. Like I said, I am going with ALL STOCK parts. You'll be fine in ordering the Monroe's and using your factory bracket.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
ur car is gonna look good without the nivos lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well, even better.

Some people say you will have to roll your fenders with 22's and Eibach's. I'm gonna try it WITHOUT rolling the fenders.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
danm dude u guys are killing me!!! everybody is getting vipers lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts