Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It took me about 1 hour start to finish and 45 of the 60 minutes was spent measuring and re-measuring. Very easy job once you get past drilling the first hole. I am very happy with the results and, in my opinion, the car looks 100% better. I didn't like any custom spoilers which is why I went with an OEM Daytona style. Here are a few pics of the finished product.

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Looks great man. I plan on doing that very soon as well. I like the lines of the car with and without it so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great man. I plan on doing that very soon as well. I like the lines of the car with and without it so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Thanks.. I was torn as well but I felt that the spoiler gives it more of a sports car look and makes the back look complete. I'm not sure how a custom spoiler would look but the OEM design suits me just fine. Please let me know if you have any questions when and if you decide to install one.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It took me about 1 hour start to finish and 45 of the 60 minutes was spent measuring and re-measuring. Very easy job once you get past drilling the first hole. I am very happy with the results and, in my opinion, the car looks 100% better. I didn't like any custom spoilers which is why I went with an OEM Daytons style. Here are a few pics of the finished product.
Looks fantastic!

... Actually, even as a Daytona owner, I've got to say that I prefer the black spoiler on a black car more than the contrast it makes on the Daytona... :)Nice!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
That looks awesome .... I've been having a hard time myself with the idea of drilling that "first hole" ....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Spoiler looks great! Glad I could help.
I've been having a hard time myself with the idea of drilling that "first hole" ....
Yea the first hole is the hardest. Just breath deep, and relax. Then get to drilling. Just make sure you use a Uni-bit.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nicely done! It really adds a lot to the sportiness of the rear! I just did mine last week and have been getting even more stares than before while driving! Also, have you considered the rear air diffuser to go inbetween the exhaust? I think it looks really good on our darker colored cars.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I want to get the Daytona front/rear spoilers and the air diffuser for mine. I'm going for the red and black theme.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nicely done! It really adds a lot to the sportiness of the rear! I just did mine last week and have been getting even more stares than before while driving! Also, have you considered the rear air diffuser to go inbetween the exhaust? I think it looks really good on our darker colored cars.
Thanks for the compliments. What is the rear air diffuser and where did you get yours? Also, do you have any pics of it installed? It sounds like something I need, could use, must have, makes the car get better gas mileage, etc. etc. (I'm practicing what I'm going to say to the wife :nervous s )

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
JOB Well Done! Looking Good!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I want to get the Daytona front/rear spoilers and the air diffuser for mine. I'm going for the red and black theme.
Do it man! It really completes the car! And post pics after the install!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. What is the rear air diffuser and where did you get yours? Also, do you have any pics of it installed? It sounds like something I need, could use, must have, makes the car get better gas mileage, etc. etc. (I'm practicing what I'm going to say to the wife :nervous s )
Here are a few pics I just took (excuse my dirty baby, it was spotless until the thunderstorm last night). The rear diffuser is just some filler to go between the exhaust but I think it makes it look pretty slick. I got mine from the dealer but it's probably just as cheap to get it from moparsupercenter as BigMech pointed out. Very easy install, though you may need to lower the ends of your exhaust to get to the rivets back there. I also included pics of the front chin spoiler, which comes on the Daytona's...really finishes up the front, also easy to install. Let me know if you need any help!

Oh yeah, these mods have def gotten me +10 mpg, 55 hp more, etc...:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
It took me about 1 hour start to finish and 45 of the 60 minutes was spent measuring and re-measuring. Very easy job once you get past drilling the first hole. I am very happy with the results and, in my opinion, the car looks 100% better. I didn't like any custom spoilers which is why I went with an OEM Daytona style. Here are a few pics of the finished product.
I've been wanting to add one to my car - can I ask where you bought your Spoiler from? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Alamo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts