Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Diablo Predator for $329 including PC interface kit & overnight shipping!

After searching Google for nearly an hour using all sorts of different search phrases, I compiled a list of shops which had the Predator for the 6.1L advertised for under $400.

So I called them one by one. The first 10 or so said they didn't have any in stock yet. Then I called RPM Outlet and they said they had them in stock for $320! I remembered their webpage stating "lowest price guaranteed" so I told the guy on the phone that there were a few group buys going on for $300 including the PC interface kit. I was bluffing a little, because I think the GBs excluded the interface kit and shipping? But anyway, he tells me to hold on and he comes back on the line a minute later to tell me the best he can do is $329 including the USB PC interface kit and UPS overnight shipping!!! So of course I accepted and he said it'll be going out today. :lol:

The best part about this is he said they have "about 50" left in stock and that they are the biggest Diablo authorized dealer in the country. So I'm sure a lot of you can get the same deal that I got!

P.S. I seriously considered buying all of their remaining Predators/PC interface kits that he had in stock and then re-selling them on Ebay, Craigslist, etc. The only thing stopping me is the warranty. I don't believe people get the Diablo warranty unless they buy it from an authorized Diablo dealer?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
i would be surprised if you ever got one. rpm outlet isnt what i would call a "reputable" vendor....quite the opposite in fact.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess so, but I'd suggest first waiting until tomorrow for mine to arrive since it does appear that this outfit has had their fair share of complaints in recent months.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Anyone deal with coolblueperformance.com? They have predators for srt8 listed at $349.99.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i would be surprised if you ever got one. rpm outlet isnt what i would call a "reputable" vendor....quite the opposite in fact.
I ordered from them Tues night and got it Thurs. I've heard plenty of bad things about them but, personally, I've never had any trouble with them. I bought my 1st predator from them(for my Mach1) and was going to buy the C&l CAI any way and the rep told me there was a special going on as in "package deal" I ended up saving $150. He could have said nothing at all. I have no complaints yet

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered from them Tues night and got it Thurs. I've heard plenty of bad things about them but, personally, I've never had any trouble with them. I bought my 1st predator from them(for my Mach1) and was going to buy the C&l CAI any way and the rep told me there was a special going on as in "package deal" I ended up saving $150. He could have said nothing at all. I have no complaints yet
Sweet, glad to hear you got yours from them already. Just curious, did you get the PC interface kit? And what was the total of yours with shipping?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sweet, glad to hear you got yours from them already. Just curious, did you get the PC interface kit? And what was the total of yours with shipping?
I already had the interface kit from last one and my price W/ shipping $331.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just tracked mine and it says it's "out for delivery." I'll update this thread as soon as it arrives.

·
Registered
359 Posts
now how does the predator work with the B&G flash stage 3? does it over write it or does it work along side of it? can some one explain plz what would happen if i decided to get one later on and if i did is it way better than the b&g flash?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've heard both sides of the story about RPM outlet. My experience has been sort of mixed. I ordered an exhaust system (with upgraded muffler) from them for my truck. I got the base system (minus the upgraded muffler) pretty quick. Then I emailed them and they said that the muffler would be 10-18 or more days. It has now been a month and I haven't heard anything from them. I was charged the full price when the base system shipped (a month ago).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just placed my order with them and cancelled my order with Tbyrne, but the lady I talked to said they were going to charge me a 10% cancellation fee. I said what for, you don't have the product I ordered and you haven't even charged my card yet in which she replied yes we have. I then politely told this young lady that if they insist on this silly 10% fee that I will file a complaint with my credit card company because it is against any credit card companys agreement with a merchant that they cannot charge a persons card with out delivering or shipping the product, she said go ahead. As an online merchant myself I can tell you they are making a big mistake. Besides this little bit of drama I cant wait to have my Diablo tommorrow.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK mine just arrived... It's the correct 5.7/6.1L unit (according to the stickers) and came with the cable, CD, and power supply (PC interface kit).

I'll snap some pics a little later. I'm buried over here with work.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This really was an amazing deal when you consider the UPS overnight shipping is $40 (I have an UPS account and got an accurate quote on it for myself), the 3-6% fee that the credit company charges, and the fact that I got the PC interface kit. I wonder how much, if any, profit RPM outlet made on this sale?

·
Registered
523 Posts
This really was an amazing deal when you consider the UPS overnight shipping is $40 (I have an UPS account and got an accurate quote on it for myself), the 3-6% fee that the credit company charges, and the fact that I got the PC interface kit. I wonder how much, if any, profit RPM outlet made on this sale?
Shouldn't you be out destroying your tires?:)

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just placed my order with them and cancelled my order with Tbyrne, but the lady I talked to said they were going to charge me a 10% cancellation fee. I said what for, you don't have the product I ordered and you haven't even charged my card yet in which she replied yes we have. I then politely told this young lady that if they insist on this silly 10% fee that I will file a complaint with my credit card company because it is against any credit card companys agreement with a merchant that they cannot charge a persons card with out delivering or shipping the product, she said go ahead. As an online merchant myself I can tell you they are making a big mistake. Besides this little bit of drama I cant wait to have my Diablo tommorrow.

Thats B.S

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are these "Diablo Predators" easy to set up & use? Any issues with our warranty at all? Do you notice a difference compared to stock?

Sorry for all of the questions, you have all peaked my interest quite a lot.....again. (I bought the AFE S2 & Posi-Quiets all from reading here! The Borla exhaust is next, unless....this Predator is "all that.")

Thanks for any information you can provide in advance.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts