Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've just got my new '06 Dodge Charger!

I wanted an SXT model, but settled for an SE with a few options!

Got the bigger v6, 3.5 HO, also got the autostick option, power pedals and seats. That's pretty much it, a barebones charger i guess. I'm hoping to mod it a bit down the road, cat-back dual exhaust ( a must have ), and a spoiler for sure. I'll look into some nice rims in the spring, the 17inch steelies with hub caps will work well in the winter, sinec 99.9% of my driving is in northern alberta on the highways. And it gets super cold up here, ahahah. Anyways, just saying hi, i'll post some pics soon.

Also if i get a cat-back system, does a dealer have to install it for my warranty to stay intact, same with a cold air intake? And is the mopar system available yet?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
CHARGERvonMERKUR said:
Well I've just got my new '06 Dodge Charger!

I wanted an SXT model, but settled for an SE with a few options!

Got the bigger v6, 3.5 HO, also got the autostick option, power pedals and seats. That's pretty much it, a barebones charger i guess. I'm hoping to mod it a bit down the road, cat-back dual exhaust ( a must have ), and a spoiler for sure. I'll look into some nice rims in the spring, the 17inch steelies with hub caps will work well in the winter, sinec 99.9% of my driving is in northern alberta on the highways. And it gets super cold up here, ahahah. Anyways, just saying hi, i'll post some pics soon.

Also if i get a cat-back system, does a dealer have to install it for my warranty to stay intact, same with a cold air intake? And is the mopar system available yet?

Dude! Merkur! Sweet!

Charger! Even sweeter!

Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got the se as well, you cam make it the sxt easily, I alrady put the fog lights and chrome grille on my car. I am still trying to find some rims to finish it off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
good buy and good luck for the duel exuast and CAI. I am also waiting for these things. They are only available for the R/T and SRT-8. I bought a K&N replacment filter for about $30. I guess its better but I had good things come from K&N before. Have fun. :clap:
SXT Charger

·
Banned
103 Posts
AndyAng22 said:
I got the se as well, you cam make it the sxt easily, I alrady put the fog lights and chrome grille on my car. I am still trying to find some rims to finish it off.
chrome grill= Ghetto Fabulous

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
SupraTT! Your making friends everywhere :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i like the chrome grill, especially since my car is midnight blue. But i really want the srt-8 hood, i won't settle for a bolt on hood scoop, it's gotta be a moulded one like the srt-8. I think i'll be tinting the windows very soon, and probably investing in a cold air intake, although in the winter we have -25-30celcius temperatures, so getting that air cooled off is no problem!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a14umbra said:
Dude! Merkur! Sweet!

Charger! Even sweeter!
QUOTE]

Hahah, yeah the merkur is sweet, i'll post pics of it with the charger soon. The merkur will one day be setup like this:

Ford 2.3L OHC 4 cylinder (stock block)
t3/t4 hybrid turbo (installed)
rs500 FMIC (being shipped)
esslinger alluminum head (saving big dollars for this)
3inch turbo back exhaust (installed)
hooker aerochamber muffler (installed)
t5 tranny conversion (installed)
SDS ignition system (distributor less) (in the works)
ford 8.8 posi rear 3.55 (awaiting rear axle stubs)

Best 1/4 mile so far, 14.6 @ 96MPH

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Welcome, Id recommend water injection on the Merkur. I've always thought those cars got kinda dorked in the marketplace. Ford just didnt know how to sell them. Oh, and Supra, be nice please. We all have different tastes. Chome isnt to my liking either, so I just dont comment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So i finally got time to nab some pics! So here ya go!

I thought the trunk mounted battery was a good idea! Also i'm really enjoying the car as a daily driver! Especially since i drive about 2000km a week. It's got lots of power for the highway and rides exceptionally quiet and is very comfy! I owned the car since wednesday, already got 1200k on her!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I always have liked that midnight blue! :happy:

Welcome to the Forum...........Now, get ready for some serious "mod" talk! :rockon:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very nice and nice choice of color!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice ride and color. I was torn between the Midnight blue and the Brilliant black. I went with black. I had a great trade in so I was able to go with the SXT, leather, moonroof and 18" R/T wheels. At 6'5" this is the most comfortable car that I have ever driven!!!!

Congrats on the choice for a Charger....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
PikeBoy98 said:
Nice ride and color. I was torn between the Midnight blue and the Brilliant black. I went with black. I had a great trade in so I was able to go with the SXT, leather, moonroof and 18" R/T wheels. At 6'5" this is the most comfortable car that I have ever driven!!!!

Congrats on the choice for a Charger....

I realize that this is a little off-topic.....but......PikeBoy98, I have a black SXT too but without the moonroof. I am 6'4" and have always had problems with headroom in cars so equipped. I don't know if you ever sat in one without at the dealer, but can you tell if there is a significant loss of headroom with it installed?

Just wondering. :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts