Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got called out by a guy with an LS1 camaro ss. His mods are pretty basic, K&N air filter, magnaflow exhaust, TB spacer and thats about it. My mods are listed in my sig. I think it's going to be pretty close. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Will be close for sure, I will actually say with your mods you may win.....make sure you take all junk out the car the weight is the killer in this instance...........If you get a good jump on him, you'll take it...I think:)

It's a tough one to call, you know what year it is??

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the vote of confidence guys. He and I got into it on a thread on an fbody forum I frequent and he decided the best way to settle it was with a race. He said street, I said track. Unless it's at the track I won't be racing

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
video is a promise. I'll have to use my digital camera so it probably won't be the best quality but oh well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
video is a promise. I'll have to use my digital camera so it probably won't be the best quality but oh well.
If you want to borrow the drag radials let me know, you are welcome to them, makes a big difference in traction. :eek: Drive it like you stole it (you got such a good deal you almost did:lol: )

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want to borrow the drag radials let me know, you are welcome to them, makes a big difference in traction. :eek: Drive it like you stole it (you got such a good deal you almost did:lol: )
I think we are gonna run friday so I won't have time to get em, but thanks for the offer!! and you are right, i did get a FABULOUS deal :grin: :rockon: :wax:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this forum is GREAT guys!!! What other forum has members that would offer to lend another member their drag radials? that is so awesome!!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
thanks for the vote of confidence guys. He and I got into it on a thread on an fbody forum I frequent and he decided the best way to settle it was with a race. He said street, I said track. Unless it's at the track I won't be racing
Good call dude - nobody needs to try and be 'da man' on the street. :cool:

this forum is GREAT guys!!! What other forum has members that would offer to lend another member their drag radials? that is so awesome!!
armadillo's a top notch bloke! he puts a LOT of effort into these cars! :)

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good call dude - nobody needs to try and be 'da man' on the street. :cool:
yeah, I have nothing to prove

armadillo's a top notch bloke! he puts a LOT of effort into these cars! :)
oh I know the effort he puts into his cars, I have his old srt8 :grin:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I think the SRT8 would be faster if both were stock. I also think your mods are beter than his. As long as you drive well you should win.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I just got called out by a guy with an LS1 camaro ss. His mods are pretty basic, K&N air filter, magnaflow exhaust, TB spacer and thats about it. My mods are listed in my sig. I think it's going to be pretty close. What do you guys think?
His limited "mods" are good for about 10 whp.
Don't know what kind of power your making now, but unless your running a 13.4 or quicker he might take you.
Especially if the SS is an M-6 and he knows how to drive.
Good luck.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
His limited "mods" are good for about 10 whp.
Don't know what kind of power your making now, but unless your running a 13.4 or quicker he might take you.
Especially if the SS is an M-6 and he knows how to drive.
Good luck.
my fastest time was a 13.06. the fastest my car has ever ran was a 12.7x on drag radials. Hey z are you on any f-body forums? you may know the guy. Cantelope kid... he is on Ls1tech

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
If your heads gave you any hp advantage (no cam?!??) then you'll win.

What's wrong w/ going from a roll in 2nd from 55 to 85mph on the street??

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If your heads gave you any hp advantage (no cam?!??) then you'll win.

What's wrong w/ going from a roll in 2nd from 55 to 85mph on the street??
the previous owner did the heads, I plan on doing a cam swap sometime soon. and I guess technically nothing is wrong with it, I just think it safer at the track. I don't want to take any chances bc I feel the need to show big balls. I know the track is not 100% safe but atleast it is controlled.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
and on the track you dont have to worry about impound fees if you get caught good call on the track a smarter decision than most would make unfortunatly for me its a better decision than i would have probobly made

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
and on the track you dont have to worry about impound fees if you get caught good call on the track a smarter decision than most would make unfortunatly for me its a better decision than i would have probobly made
And lastly, on a track you will walk away with a timeslip proving the outcome which you can then scan and post for the world to see... on any forum you'd like! :)

Otherwise for all you know the other guy could go on and on posting as if he was unbeatable and he hasn't come across an SRT8 that can take him, generally making an ass of himself but nonetheless wasting valuable net bandwidth, blah blah blah... ;)

Once again, you earn mucho respect from me for your decision to keep the match out of the realm of the dumb unwashed masses that could innocently and unwittingly stumble across your "private track".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.