Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just picked up a stock SRT Kicker Sub and AMP for my car and need help & advice on installing it. I just came across a thread where it said that I need the harness that runs from the amp to the sub which is really hard to get from the dealer or kicker. Is there anything to bypass this and use an after market amp to connect to the sub or is there a way so I can tap into some wires to give it some power?

Anyone with an R/T that has done this and has found a solution...your help will help me out a lot.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump......for more info.

heres a pic of what I got....(found it on here from another member who was selling his set up, but this is the same thing I have)

Am I missing anything? Or is this all I need for the install.

Any Info would help me out

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
If you go here...
http://www.moparsupercenter.com/mop...att-amplifier-charger-lx77kick04.html?cat=103
and download the installation pdf, you will see the kit contents for this sub when installed after it left the factory.

Key pieces you are missing are the mounting bracket for the trunk (which you could fake) and the harness. That is your biggest problem. You can only get these in the kit. Cannot buy seperately. It is likely the car it came fro had the harness as part of the factory car harness, and it cannot be seperated.

I put this kit together from different sources. Speaker housing, speaker, amp and harness all came from different sources. I was VERY lucky to get the harness.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you go here...
http://www.moparsupercenter.com/mop...att-amplifier-charger-lx77kick04.html?cat=103
and download the installation pdf, you will see the kit contents for this sub when installed after it left the factory.

Key pieces you are missing are the mounting bracket for the trunk (which you could fake) and the harness. That is your biggest problem. You can only get these in the kit. Cannot buy seperately. It is likely the car it came fro had the harness as part of the factory car harness, and it cannot be seperated.

I put this kit together from different sources. Speaker housing, speaker, amp and harness all came from different sources. I was VERY lucky to get the harness.
is their anything i can do to hook it up with out the harness?

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's a yes and no question. without the harness you can tap the wires you need but it's going to get dicey. the last page of the instruction manual shows the wire connections you need to make. You'll have to cap the plug and use wire taps on both the sub and the amp. the signal you need is at the drivers side rear 6x9. wire tap there using the color codes found at lxforums.com knowledge base (search on wiring diagrams). those diagrams should also give you the color codes for the wires on the sub. Just keep splicing and matching up the connections and eventually you'll have it. It will be ugly and take a while but between those two references you should have all the info you need.

it sounds to me like a long drawn out pain in the azz though. Just double check every connection before you power it on. I would hate for you to go to all that trouble and then blow something up. Good luck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Did you ever get it working??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts