Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy am I pumped. My previous best was 6.23, though I've only done it a few times. Tonight it was about 40F and I was the only one at the stoplight. I pressed the ESP button, bumped it to 1st gear and revved to about 1,400 rpm and nailed it. The tires spun a fair bit and I worried that it would give me a bad time ,but when they hooked up, it was like a rocket. 5.42!

It has really felt fast lately, must love the cold air.

·
Registered
49 Posts
congrats, until this morning my best time was a 6.0 in my 07 rt/rt.It was 39 this morning on the way to work and the engine just reached 180+ when i turned out on a nice stretch of flat road.My new best time is 5.54, they do love the cold air.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Congrats, I'm still trying to work on mine, best so far is 6.58.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice! I just got back from doing a couple of runs. 63 degrees out.

For the first time I just hit the button on the dash, not the turn key esp off.

First run I reved to about 1800 and then released. I got huge wheel spin and actually fishtailed a bit. Great fun but the time was horrible. (over 7 sec).

I tried it again and reved to 1100 and still got a bit of spin, but she stayed on track and pulled her best time yet at 5.60.

I love this car!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Some of you guys should be doing better than that. My best was back in September 5.28 only have CAI. Mostly get 5.3's all day, but haven't had the open road since. Your best shouldn't be in the 6's at all, with a Hemi.

·
Registered
928 Posts
agreed 5.3-5.4 for me best of 5.2

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I tried last night to get a good time, got a time of 7.51 seconds :dead: and it was the coolest night recently with 63*. I just can't seem to get a good launch or time, hopefully with more practice I can do better.

·
Registered
49 Posts
congrats, until this morning my best time was a 6.0 in my 07 rt/rt.It was 39 this morning on the way to work and the engine just reached 180+ when i turned out on a nice stretch of flat road.My new best time is 5.54, they do love the cold air.
my car has only 1800 miles and no mods, hopefully it will get better

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Ok, not really fair to the 5.7L engines, but a 5.82 in a stock PC '07 SRT-8 just for comparison. :)

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
5.38 for me ...autostick makes a diff. Anything over a slight wheel spin hurts.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Hows this. Just did this tonight... nice cool air helps her run GOOD

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
And I thought I was doing good getting down to 6.78 last week- I have a long way to go.
:dead:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
You'll get there. Turn ESP off with the key trick. Brakestand to 1200 rpm.
autostick in first and a quick roll into throttle and you will be in the 5's easily.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Low 5's are pretty good for the 5.7, and pretty damn good in general. The lower temps will definitely help and will wake up most HEMIs.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
My first run was at about 800 miles and it was a 6.46 which I was NOT happy with.

Fast forward to approx 4800 miles and now the car puts down consistent 5.42-5.60 times :D

The 5.42 happened for me 3 days ago :lol:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have noticed a huge difference when it is cold also. Why is this?

·
Registered
92 Posts
My car has only 1300 miles on it and I have had a best of a 5.5 and average 5.6-5.8. I hold the brake to 1500 RPM and then roll the throttle quickly down to WOT. If I get much spin mine times suffer.

Robert

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Am I that bad?

Okay, been following the advice for 2 weeks now. Some questions after a mix of elation at cutting my time dramatically and disappointment at not matching the rest of you.

First- can't seem to do the rolling key shutoff for ESP?- it still has just the car skidding for idiot lights
Second- best time so far is 6.54
Third- I'm at 4,000 foot elevation- is that what I'm fighting?
Fourth- for Autostick- where are you shifting?

Thanks for all your input!:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice 60,i have yet to get out of the 6s,everyone i've tried,spun so i'll need to work on it...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts