Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy what a lot of work waxing a black Charger. I used Meguair's synthetic Tech Wax paste. Seems like the first wax ever tends to soak in. Like the 1st coat of paint on an unprimed wall. A lot of rubbing involved.
Then when I am done, there are a lot of nooks and crannies that turn white and need to be cleaned by a toothbrush.
The results are of course worth it.
The 20" chrome clad wheels got 2 coats of wax and are so shiny, the could be a hazard!

Took a few pics too

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
beautiful. nice shine, any mods in mind yet?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I've only had it a week, but I've done hood struts and took off the plaque with the dealers name on it.
I am also looking at exhaust mods too.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You may wan to look at doing the brylcreem mod first to see if you like the sound. Cheap mod ever.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Looks good. I use the Meguir's Tech Wax also and does a good job. Car looked wet when I got done. It lasts for a pretty good while too.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think I'll put another coat on today. In the past I found a second coat really seems to last longer and look better longer.

PS: I just ordered a set of Blastin' Bob's 4db glasspack resonator replacements.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Boy what a lot of work waxing a black Charger. I used Meguair's synthetic Tech Wax paste. Seems like the first wax ever tends to soak in. Like the 1st coat of paint on an unprimed wall. A lot of rubbing involved.
Then when I am done, there are a lot of nooks and crannies that turn white and need to be cleaned by a toothbrush.
The results are of course worth it.
The 20" chrome clad wheels got 2 coats of wax and are so shiny, the could be a hazard!

Took a few pics too
Looks good my friend. Blacks cars are more of a CAREER, eh?

Here's what I have found works well:

I wash it every weekend, then use a California Duster to get the crap off that accumulates during the week every night when I get home from work. This keeps the car looking as good as the day you washed it - AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T RAIN. (Then you're screwed). I use a dry rag (or maybe even a little Windex) between cleanings on the wheels. I also use Meguiar's Quick Wax on the entire car and on the wheels after every wash.

Last tip: I use tire shine on the front chin spoiler and on the rocker panels. Makes them shiney, and easier to clean the next time I wash.

Black may be the fastest colour, but it's a LOT OF WORK. :)

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That tire shine tip for the spoiler and rocker panels is a good one.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Have you ever used that Back to Black product on the chin spoiler. I know it works really well on door handles that have faded.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
man, that killer wax job sure does make the eye notice the moldings... lol
Looks great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts