Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After reading so much about this, I decided it was time to do it. Plus, my side moldings were starting to fade. Next up....De-baged...more to come

Attachments

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
looks smooth and shiny.....but man....you gotta dress those tires. :D

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Looks clean and smooth now. I did mine a while back and I also removed the ram head on the trunk.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am looking to do this as well. I have had my car for 2 years however and when I de-badged it (2 years ago) I decided to leave the molding on then. Now I have changed my mind and want to remove it..

Does anyone know if I am going to have paint differences when I remove these from fading?

Also, anyone know a trick where I can test it before comitting myself to removing them completely? I have had the car waxed with Zaino the entire time if that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Looks good, but I'm still keepin mine...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure about 2 years now. I have had mine for a little over 1 year and did not see any differences what-so-ever. Plus, the first half-year I had mine, I never waxed it, just washed it all the time. Also, it was outside the entire first year I have owned it.

You are using some of the best car washing products known, so I think you will be okay to proceed.

I am looking to do this as well. I have had my car for 2 years however and when I de-badged it (2 years ago) I decided to leave the molding on then. Now I have changed my mind and want to remove it..

Does anyone know if I am going to have paint differences when I remove these from fading?

Also, anyone know a trick where I can test it before comitting myself to removing them completely? I have had the car waxed with Zaino the entire time if that helps.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Welcome to nakid land :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm not sure about 2 years now. I have had mine for a little over 1 year and did not see any differences what-so-ever. Plus, the first half-year I had mine, I never waxed it, just washed it all the time. Also, it was outside the entire first year I have owned it.

You are using some of the best car washing products known, so I think you will be okay to proceed.
thanks for the info! I might give it a go...

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
<perK Nekid land? Breanna lives in Nekid Land? WOW.

Looks great! I love demolded Chargers. So smooth and sexy.....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Looks sweet I dont know why they put those ugly thing on em in the First place.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, I think they look just fine, blank slabsided flat door look bland in my book.

If you like um, keep them, if not, take them off, but never think cause you thinks it looks better that it is.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'd have to say, I was one of those that was sitting on the fence about the door moulding. I had chk'd out several members pics that had taken 'em off and I was thinking to myself "I dunno, I kinda like the moulding". But then I attended (& entered) a car show, where other Charger owners had de-molded the doors and in person, it looked phenominal! The following day, there I was out in the garage with the heat gun..........

An added benefit for those of you who haven't done this yet, I can speak from experience that it is much, MUCH easier to keep clean/waxed. As always, to each their own, happy modding to all!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Heidi and the gang at BT, I see you have sponsored "The Rock 2008" in Illinois next April. That's simply outstanding to put it mildly. I can't wait for the event, and to stop by your tent/display booth to make some purchases. Who knows, maybe by then, you'll have found a qualified enough vendor that can powder coat a 4 set, set of those door sills of yours in that HEMI orange color by then??? I can only keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I love the demolded look. I just did mine about a week ago and I love the sleekness it adds to the car. My wife hates it, however. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
206 Posts
WORD OF WARNING

I bought an 06 leftover from a dealer 3 months ago. I took the molding off and on the front doors there were the slightest little bubbles. Not really too noticeable, but there if you looked. It seemed like water got between the door and the molding... Surprisingly, the rear doors were fine.

I am currently in the process of having DC pay for repainting, but who knows how that route will turn out...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts