Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Charger R/T
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I just bought a 2015 Charger R/T. Looks like it has all the fancy options like adaptive cruise, leather, lane watch, etc. And it's been well cared for with about 81k miles. So far, I'm very happy with it.

Its got a set of wheels that look factory, but I haven't seen them before. How do I know if the car has the "road and track" pack. And what gearing it has in the rear, and if it's open or LSD? I haven't had much luck searching for this stuff.

It looks good, I like the color, it makes good noises, and it runs on regular gas. Not bad for a Dad-mobile.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
AGLW:
Congrats on your new to you Charger. I think the Road and Track models got the 3.07 ratio, instead of the 2.62.
Pull up this link, and insert your VIN where the existing one is. That should give you a list of options your Charger was built with, to include rear axle ratio.

One thing to keep an eye on, is to listen for unusual top end engine noise. The '15 5.7L engines are known for the dreaded lifter failure, which if not caught early on, will destroy the cam, and eventually the engine.

The cam/lifter repair is $3.5-$4k if you have it done, and close to 2K in parts if you DIY.

Don

·
Registered
800 Posts
But those who love to drive are advised to get the 29R Customer Preferred pack, which upgrades the car, as it did on our test example, to Road & Track spec. Doing so means a cornucopia of goodies including the Super Track Pak sport suspension; the Road & Track Performance Group with more aggressive throttle mapping, revised traction control (higher intervention threshold), heavy-duty brakes, 20-inch aluminum wheels, and sportier rubber (245/45 Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 all-season performance tires); and Dodge’s Performance Pages software, which allows the driver to track acceleration, cornering, and a variety of other numeric markers.
There’s a lot of other desirable stuff crammed into the 29R package, too, including nappa leather upholstery, ventilated front seats, heated rear seats (heated front chairs come on every R/T), a power tilt and telescope steering column, a heated steering wheel, power-adjustable pedals, and heated power mirrors, to hit a few high spots.
It doesn't say anything about an LSD there.

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
2,827 Posts
AGLW:
Congrats on your new to you Charger. I think the Road and Track models got the 3.07 ratio, instead of the 2.62.
Pull up this link, and insert your VIN where the existing one is. That should give you a list of options your Charger was built with, to include rear axle ratio.

Why does everyone always wanna do this the hard way lol? "Insert your VIN into the link". Just click the link and type it lol: FCA RAM
This one for window sticker: Infotainment | Vin Decoder

·
Registered
2015 Charger R/T
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
One thing to keep an eye on, is to listen for unusual top end engine noise. The '15 5.7L engines are known for the dreaded lifter failure, which if not caught early on, will destroy the cam, and eventually the engine.
When I first took a look at it, I started it up cold and listed with the hood up. Heard no tapping or anything. I drove it around for a pretty good while and listened again when it was hot. It sounded normal to me. But I'm not super familiar with Mopar engines. Mostly LS based stuff from chevy. What kind of noise should I be listening for? And what do you do if you "catch it early?"

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Very nice. They make excellent Dad-mobile's. I'm on my 2nd one. The 4 doors is a must with kids and also makes getting their bookbags and sports equipment in and out easier as well.

Reactions: Callahan843

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,356 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
@ HemiLonestar:
Because, half of the fun is getting there! 😂 😂
Thanks for the shortcut.

Don

• Haha
Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Yeah those are stock wheels for an R/T R&T car... no LSD but it did have the 3.06 rear for 2015 and 2016. Basically it was the precursor to the Super Trak Pack model offered in 2017 and then basically made standard in 2019. In 2017 they dropped the different rear end when they dropped the R/T R&T.

Check out this old brochure: 2015 Charger Brochure Your car is on the cover and the back page.

The R/T R&T was a great overall package... I think you guys even got the adjustable pedals right? That's one thing in miss on my 2019 that I had on my 2006! You got most of the gear from the Plus package of later years plus the performance goodies. The brakes were just different pads in same calipers and rotors.

·
Registered
2015 Charger R/T
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you enter it in all caps, just like your VIN is (I already know what your answer is)?
Lol, yep. Some genius made the build sheet VIN input case-sensitive. But the window sticker VIN input is not case-sensitive. Why on earth they would make the VIN field case sensitive is beyond me, but that is what's wrong with the build sheet input. Thanks man!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts